Lt. Commander
# 1 My take
11-29-2011, 09:32 PM
As much as it pains me I have been with STO since the beginning beta and have seen good things to this point. I must say the DOFF system is cool and the new space skills tree is interesting, ESD signs are too cartoony not sure why they were changed.
Well a few things that bother me are these.

1. when this goes to holodeck with the conversion of our emblems etc its proven we are getting less for our hard work than we should for dilithium. Not sure this is fair.

2. It seems to me and others that Cryptic is treating the long term players like we do not exist, and i understand that lifetimers will not spend as much as F2P but if it weren;t for us STO would not be where it is today. I also understand you need to make money but you also need to take a look at your playerbase loyal as we are.

I have read posts of good ideas and we were told things or as some have said even lied to. To me STO is a good game just not sure all these changes were necessary all at once. The way they came out it proves it was for the F2P and not any of us. So it seems F2P people are more important than people who have been here since day 1.

I have played and paid for C-store points even though i am lifetime so to say we will not spend anything is not true. We are the most loyal players you have. We know this game and love it and to sweep us to the side is not called for.

F2P players can buy and quit which will probably happen so you can only get so many to play as we have for as long as we have. I know everything is already set in stone and you will not change anything but you might want to think about what happens if your old playerbase leaves and then you find out your F2P people leave.

We can only be slapped so many times bedore we hang it up. I love this game and I hate to see what it has become. So flame me do whatever you want but its how i feel and I am totally upset with how this game is going and how the loyal playerbase is being treated................
and this is not from a kid this is from a 51 yr old male who has loved star trek since 1966..........................
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-29-2011, 09:35 PM
Come on, at least put a few paragraph breaks in, man, it's 5:30 in the morning!
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-30-2011, 12:02 AM
I'm a loyal player, but a loyal fan first. So from my point of view, a game is better than no game. And as long as improvements and content are being made, then I'll be happy.

But I'm an easy going player... but a happy one (more or less).