Lt. Commander
# 11
11-30-2011, 09:35 AM
Agreed Hale. Just keep in mind though that Klink ships are more OP to entice more players to the Klink faction (to those of you reading this, if you were there for it great, if not, I'm joking relax).

As we were doing the other night in that fun CnH, talking smack can improve the experience so long as everyone remembers that its just that and doesn't get bent outta shape.

There are those fun and exciting folks that just get downright irate when they insta pop, sadly it's typically because they don't know basic techniques, like balancing shields, I was up against a guy last night that would just leave a shield facing down when it collapsed. I probably should have sent him a tell with a kind suggestion in it, but after being told to "**** off" so many times I've given that method up and just enjoy the quick kill. Does that make me an elitist greifer? Probably.

Back when I first started PvP, VM shut your whole ship down for eternity, FBP returned 300% dmg, Feds didn't have a cloaking ship and I got obliterated more than I do now (thats saying something too ). It took some time, some asking questions to those that just vaporized me and a ridiculous amount of deaths but with patience, frustration, tears and sweat I finally became fairly decent at PvP.

Anybody going over this that isn't an experienced PvPer, do ask questions, I'll be glad to help someone out, if nothing else I can show one how to pop gracefully. I'd much rather have a decent fight win or lose than have someone leave their shields open put out so little damage that my Bop's shields barely twitch. I can't and wont speak for the whole community but I like to think that the other regulars would be the same way. That'll do more to show a lack of faction imbalances than anything else we can do.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-30-2011, 10:05 AM
i mentioned this in another thread, but yessir...there are a ton of new faces during my timeslot.

and some i see becoming solid regulars, i hope, and others just fail and grief. just the other day someone called me hax, i was like dude, im not even smart enough to hax...i just know how to harden and distribute my shields. and since your pug isnt timing your spikes, YES, i can tank 3 of you in a defiant.

but then you try to extend the olive branch, maybe make a new friend. you know, help a brother out...no dice...no dice.

PVE difficulty has a lot to do with it, the RP aspect of Trek will always be here to dominate...its just the nature of the beast.

good post hale. you keep making sense, maybe people will come around.

have fun kill bad guys.

-horizon
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-30-2011, 01:31 PM
well there is that difficulty slider they have, why cant that be used for both pvp and pve'rs sake? i mean come on... why have it at all?
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-30-2011, 03:20 PM
this game begs for an account history feature. i have played since beta, my words should come with some ****ign weight. half of you noobs (in organizedpvp) chat i instapwned then told to join the chat becus i wanted it to be harder next time.

this game was jokes easy to start (for klingon) even with the immeasurable gaps between them (again, way worse at the start). specifically for klingon tacticals... but i digress

The game has gone through many cycles and changes. Some have stayed, some left and returned, some gone forever. But if you go to any sports hall of fame, it isnt the guys who won the most games in one year, or had a "moment" of glory. The greatest attribute of any hall of famer is longevity. Being good isnt good enough. You have to be good every day all day from day 1.

For alot of noobs the boat has sailed and theres no possibility. I can only hope for the future generations of players who will deal with the current dynamic, without the prepatory understanding that has come from actually witnessing the evolution of the game from its original state.

So theres a big difference between beign a jerk, and just knowing what your talking about when someone else doesnt.

"AMS is the worst! i cant believe its so horrible!!!!"

"Bops can do too much damage! The stun duration is SO long from PSW!!!"

"SNB.. bla bla SNB!!"

So many complaints fall upon the deaf ears of those who have lived through horrors 1000 fold worse.
So yeah, eff you noob, you dont know jack, havent played against any of the epic legend players that have passed thru so who you think is good is actually ****. You are just blowing hot air up people like me and hales arse whenever u cry about this console or that op skill. Its all a pale sad joke compared to what has come before.

The games bugs, level of content, pvp balance.. EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME WAS WORSE BEFORE NOW

what was good, got better. alas, alot of ***** has been thrown in that nobody really wanted, but on the whole.... its kosher. and if you dont have the gratitude and appreciation for what it is now, then you mustnt know what is WAS THEN*

end rant

join the organizedpvp chat channel. befriend all you encounter. work proactively to develop solutions. kill. feds.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-30-2011, 03:54 PM
So am i a n00b, or a jerk?
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
rant
Wow.

Good to see someone has their videogaming in proper perspective.

I'll give your words some "****ign weight" when you grow up and become an oncologist and tell me I have cancer from sitting in front of my PC monitor because I spent too much time playing video games.

Until then, if your biggest accomplishment is pwning n00bs in STO, the weightiness of your words will continue to be lost on me.

Glad you are pwning thou. I'll be sure to keep out of your forward firing arc.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
if youre a jerk then im a noobcake.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
If you're either of those, then I must be a j00b.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-30-2011, 05:18 PM
Quote:
this game begs for an account history feature. i have played since beta, my words should come with some ****ign weight. half of you noobs (in organizedpvp) chat i instapwned then told to join the chat becus i wanted it to be harder next time.

this game was jokes easy to start (for klingon) even with the immeasurable gaps between them (again, way worse at the start). specifically for klingon tacticals... but i digress

The game has gone through many cycles and changes. Some have stayed, some left and returned, some gone forever. But if you go to any sports hall of fame, it isnt the guys who won the most games in one year, or had a "moment" of glory. The greatest attribute of any hall of famer is longevity. Being good isnt good enough. You have to be good every day all day from day 1.

For alot of noobs the boat has sailed and theres no possibility. I can only hope for the future generations of players who will deal with the current dynamic, without the prepatory understanding that has come from actually witnessing the evolution of the game from its original state.

So theres a big difference between beign a jerk, and just knowing what your talking about when someone else doesnt.

"AMS is the worst! i cant believe its so horrible!!!!"

"Bops can do too much damage! The stun duration is SO long from PSW!!!"

"SNB.. bla bla SNB!!"

So many complaints fall upon the deaf ears of those who have lived through horrors 1000 fold worse.
So yeah, eff you noob, you dont know jack, havent played against any of the epic legend players that have passed thru so who you think is good is actually ****. You are just blowing hot air up people like me and hales arse whenever u cry about this console or that op skill. Its all a pale sad joke compared to what has come before.

The games bugs, level of content, pvp balance.. EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME WAS WORSE BEFORE NOW

what was good, got better. alas, alot of ***** has been thrown in that nobody really wanted, but on the whole.... its kosher. and if you dont have the gratitude and appreciation for what it is now, then you mustnt know what is WAS THEN*

end rant

join the organizedpvp chat channel. befriend all you encounter. work proactively to develop solutions. kill. feds.
Not entirely true. A couple of years ago I had hope for this game, it's much worse now not better.

Tbo, calling the next release "Season 5" after the bull crap shoved down the faces of lifers/subers makes me feel like I'm in a absurd Monty Python sketch w/an insulting Frenchman. But I digress ...
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Passion. A lot of time passion can be taken the wrong way too. But passion is good! What is the point of doing anything if you aren't passionate about it, even if it is just popping someone in a video game. Many of us have been here long enough by now that, unless we are being forced with a gun to our head, if we aren't passionate about what we do then we are doing something wrong. Passion is supposed to motivate us to motivate others to do better and by extension have more fun.

Minimax is frickin nuts. But he's passionate about it and I can certainly respect that kind of attitude (even if it can come across as nasty to the thinner skinned).