Lt. Commander
# 1 Account-wide Ships
11-30-2011, 09:52 AM
I just noticed something off in some ships I bought during the last sale (the same day C-Store was buggy); I bought some VA and an RA ship. Yesterday, I was on as a different character and four of the ships still showed prices instead of "FREE" to indicate that this character would be eligible to get this ship at no cost since these ships are suppose to be account-wide purchases (VA-Intrepid, Defiant, Galaxy and RA-Nebula).

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Was the issue explained by the techs?

I have submitted a ticket (acutally the third time today, since the in-game help is not registering my tickets; hopefully the web submission will get a response.)
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-30-2011, 10:11 AM
same thing happend to numerous people. the test is if it will in fact let you claim it when the alt gets to the appropriate level. I havn't had the motivation to level my alt to see if all is well with the world or if there is in fact something wonky going on with account wide stuff like the ships.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-30-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm pretty sure all you need to do is go to the shipyard and claim it there for other alts after purchasing from the c-store. The Teir 1 starter ships are the only ones that can be gotten via the c-store tab. I'm at work so I can't confirm that at the moment
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-30-2011, 10:12 AM
Yes I had the same issue with my defaint during the holiday sale. I didnt buy ships since then because that havent been fixed.
The ticket got no answer, the support i contactet couldnt help me and when I mentionet it in this forums in the bug section users commentet i should contact the support because this has no place here.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-30-2011, 10:15 AM
I forgot to mention that they need to be at the correct level to claim the ship(s) too.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-01-2011, 11:06 AM
yes some of the C-Store Account wide unlocks I have had for ages are gone and I need to buy them again ? ???? WTF oh hell no if this is true thats the nail in the coffin for STO for me.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-01-2011, 11:21 AM
I think this is in the release notes as a known bug under the title "Known Issues" at the bottom of the page.

Quote:
■The Defiant Retrofit, Galaxy Retrofit, Intrepid Retrofit, Nebula Refit, and Bírel Retrofit cannot be reclaimed if you discharge them.
■Nor can they be claimed on alternate characters.
Link:
http://startrekonline.com/node/2699
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-01-2011, 03:53 PM
They are unlocked just head to ESD or First City and look around in the ship purchase screen and you will see a big fat 0 next to the ship you perchased thus it is free to you to claim =)
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neos472 View Post
They are unlocked just head to ESD or First City and look around in the ship purchase screen and you will see a big fat 0 next to the ship you perchased thus it is free to you to claim =)
That is not true in my case. I bought the Dreadnought Cruiser way back when it was first introduced for 2k c-store points, and yet one of my vice admirals who does not yet have it in their inventory cannot aquire it. It tells me I need to drop another 2k points to unlock it, despite the fact that two other of my vice admirals have one in their ship roster(s) and it lists for them as being purchased in the c-store.

Ship unlocks are supposed to be account wide. Having a ship that costs that much be suddenly unavailable now really angers me. If this is a bug, then fine, fix it and I'll think about using the c-store again.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-02-2011, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abystander View Post
That is not true in my case. I bought the Dreadnought Cruiser way back when it was first introduced for 2k c-store points, and yet one of my vice admirals who does not yet have it in their inventory cannot aquire it. It tells me I need to drop another 2k points to unlock it, despite the fact that two other of my vice admirals have one in their ship roster(s) and it lists for them as being purchased in the c-store.

Ship unlocks are supposed to be account wide. Having a ship that costs that much be suddenly unavailable now really angers me. If this is a bug, then fine, fix it and I'll think about using the c-store again.
odd =\ i have all my ships unlocked that were purchased even the VA ones