Lt. Commander
STOked 105 is now available, full of lots of important information regarding the revamped Cure STF, how to prepare for F2P, and the controversial Dilithium Tax.

Quote:
Get some advice on how best to prepare for the upcoming F2P conversion in early December, and we continue with part two of the STF revamp series with The Cure revamp and all those nasty Borg evils in store for us!

Chris hosts another dance party, this time in Quark’s, and Captain Geko decides to crash it and he brings some friends....Borg drones, an assimilated Gorn, some Klingon fighters and even a D’deridex. Yes, you read that correctly....the Devs spawned space craft INSIDE the bar!

Community feedback covers the F2P preparation guide and some in depth math on the upcoming dilthium conversion rate including the “dilithium tax” that’s been heavily debated recently.

All that, and the weeks news!
It is available as usual over at Jupiter Broadcasting.

Enjoy!
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-29-2011, 04:43 AM
Wow. That sounds like fun. Wish I'd been there but was busy collectign bountys in a galaxy far, far away.
Looking forward to watching the show when I get home.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-29-2011, 04:44 AM
For those looking for more information on the Dilithium tax, including the spreadsheet used to calculate your own loss that they discussed in the show, head over to PhyrexianHero's thread located here.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-29-2011, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinos View Post
For those looking for more information on the Dilithium tax, including the spreadsheet used to calculate your own loss that they discussed in the show, head over to PhyrexianHero's thread located here.
tax what do you mean tax i pay enough bloody tax

so no to taxes in game
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-29-2011, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captmack
tax what do you mean tax i pay enough bloody tax

so no to taxes in game
"No taxation without representation"
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-29-2011, 07:05 AM
think of it as a "redistribution of wealth".. you have it.. someone else needs it so the economy gods will take it..lol

anyway, fun show gang, some really good info and Quarks was awesome!
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-29-2011, 07:11 AM
Listening now.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-29-2011, 07:52 AM
It's unclear to me how the tax really hurts the truly wealthy players in this game. Is there anything they wouldn't be able to afford in F2P now?
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-29-2011, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelus
It's unclear to me how the tax really hurts the truly wealthy players in this game. Is there anything they wouldn't be able to afford in F2P now?
It hurts because people are losing over half of their earnings. For a game that is 2 years old, that is over a year of playing. As everything costs Dilithium now, you will be able to spend it rather quickly. Just off the top of my head, if someone was looking to get every purple Doff from the commendation store, that would cost (11 free + 44x12,000) 528,000 Dilithium per character. That is no small chunk of change.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-29-2011, 08:04 AM
being from the UK I am used to being taxed to the hilt (sales tax is 20%!)

However this game has never had a currency sink of any kind..

we have no durability on our items (thank god, I hate that in other games)
we have no upkeep of anything at all really.

I rather think of this as taxing the super rich to bring the economy in line.

regards the cost of buying every single purple doff.......YES it should cost a fortune!