Lt. Commander
# 91
12-01-2011, 04:01 AM
Ofcourse im excited! Been waiting to get my hands on the Doff system for a while. Think i might log in, plant myself in the Klingon academy, and see what this new System is made off.
Lt. Commander
# 92
12-01-2011, 04:26 AM
I'm pretty excited! I just hope the Foundry doesn't get messed up again. But either way, I'm looking forward to playing Season 5 when I come home from work today.
Lt. Commander
# 93
12-01-2011, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
I'm so happy I can't wait till December 20!
I lol'd

/10char
Lt. Commander
# 94
12-01-2011, 07:41 AM
@OP

i'm excited for a few things in this update... yes (dilithium / c-point exchange and DOff system, maybe STF's, not sure yet)

but the negative things sadly overshadow the good... (for example, locking away the best new content behind a time gate, borg ground invasion only 3 times a week? for 2 hours? REALY?! )

it feels like 2 steps forward, 2 steps back

you may have turned things around 180 but you still stand in the same spot, don't look back or you might see it.
Lt. Commander
# 95
12-01-2011, 07:55 AM
You know, I was sad when I learned that the F2P release was being christened "Season 5" since that meant that all the things promised "Before Season 5" were probably not going to be coming for a while longer (if ever).

But after reading today's patch notes for the F2P "Season 5" update, I can honestly see WHY they're calling it "a season" (amount of time passed notwithstanding).

There's really a LOT of changes being made to the game with this release, and I have to say, even though it's likely to be a rocky one, with plenty of glitches, mistakes, errors, player rage, and the standard slew of forum drama, fearmongering, I-Quit threads, and doomsaying, I really must admit that overall, I'm actually quite impressed with the F2P/S5 "Package".. and I'm really looking forward to getting my own real Doffs and a C-Point stipend, and whatnot.

I still want my Ambassador Class tho. Stipend or no, I'm still willing to BUY C-Points to get one, too.
Lt. Commander
# 96
12-01-2011, 07:58 AM
I hopped over to Tribble just before the servers came down. Some of it is nice, but IMO, not enough to justify the months of excuses. I was hoping for something huge, now we have to do further Beta testing for the coming free players. They didn't even get the skill system finished, and they're pushing this live.
Lt. Commander
# 97
12-01-2011, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Yess lets cheer for the season that screws over all current subscribers.

Because its an undeniable fact that in one way or another, everyone is loosing something with S5.
sorry, beg to differ
i never spent a penny in the C-Store, i never cared about the VA C-Store ships, i never cared about getting the absolute best out of my builds... the list goes on

the real fact, for me, is that i'm gaining a lot with the Doff system, the ability to get C-Store points (whether eventually by stipend or trading with dilithilum, that's up to me), and this game is still as much fun as ever (crafting was a grind in the first place, it's still a grind now, just in a different way, but i don't mind), in fact, better than ever

i've had fun, i'm still having fun so i'm good, and i agree with this thread. getting over things will really help some of you (these last few statements are not aimed at you Alexraptor, just the thread)
Lt. Commander
# 98
12-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Doctor.
Am I the only one happy about S5 coming? I'm very excited. I didn't think we'd see S5 this soon.

I've leveled a character to VA on tribble, so I know what's coming, and I'm excited for all of this to come to Holodeck. I see Season 5 as a really big update to the game, bigger even than Season 4! I'm excited about Season 5 and the great new additions to the game. Anyone else?
Very excited, this season comes at the perfect time.

I wish F2P was before SWTOR release and in time for holidays also but I guess they need that amount of time to prep.

Roll on Season 5, lets click on spam report on every troll in ESD tonight alright and block them instantly.
Lt. Commander
# 99
12-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Hear hear! I'm plenty excited!
Lt. Commander
# 100
12-01-2011, 09:02 AM
I will add my voice to loving the game. On tribble I leveled my sci officer to rear admiral and still on the romulan story arc. I have tons and tons of content to go through. I don't do STFs or PVP thus many of the things that incite negative remarks simply do not affect me. Having the best quality purple gear doesn't matter then. Dilithium exchange? I could not care less. If i need it I will go get it and have fun in the process.

Yes there are some things about the game I an not enamored with, but that can be said about every MMO I have ever played. I really enjoy this game and as a lifetime sub am quite content to have fun and wait for more fun things to come. Oh, and if someone wants to rename the f2p launch as season 5 and make season 6 all about fleets and endgame content the only thing that changed is a name so bring on season 5 and more!