Lt. Commander
# 31
11-30-2011, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curs0r View Post
I will do you the courtesy of assuming neither line there is serious.
I've very serious. If you don't see my point, perhaps you don't play many MMOs.
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-30-2011, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR_Mat
I've very serious. If you don't see my point, perhaps you don't play many MMOs.
*pats you on the head* that's cute
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curs0r View Post
*pats you on the head* that's cute
It's about time you went on ignore
Lt. Commander
# 34
11-30-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthian
It's about time you went on ignore
That took you a while to process did it?
Lt. Commander
# 35
11-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
Some people are annoyed because this was the Season 4.1 update (originally scheduled for September 22) renamed to Season 5 -- except we still have to wait until February for Series 4. Meanwhile, Season 4 had no additional (non C-Store) content releases since its launch besides the Borg DSEs and the Starfleet Academy map, the former which Klingons couldn't complete until doff system and the latter of which had no missions.

The Season 5 that has been discussed for the last year was focusing on PvP and fleets -- I'd speculate that is now going to be Season 16.
Fixed that for you!
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Doctor.
^ nothing is ever "finished" in an MMO, even these "Seasons"

I look at the next season as a continuation from the previous season.
That doesn't quite work, you see, as several peices of content, stated to come during S4, didn't materialise and now some of it is coming with S5 and what was originally going to be S5 is gone. A season can be finished when paritcular update goals are set out and met. Whats happened here is certain goals were set, then ignored, so in that respect, S4 has barely been started on, even after all this time.

What I'm saying is, the devs can call it what they want, all we're getting is most of S4 but they're dressing it up so they can say they got a major update out in a certain timeframe, while trying to hide the massive c**k up that was S4.
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Collier
That doesn't quite work, you see, as several peices of content, stated to come during S4, didn't materialise and now some of it is coming with S5 and what was originally going to be S5 is gone. A season can be finished when paritcular update goals are set out and met. Whats happened here is certain goals were set, then ignored, so in that respect, S4 has barely been started on, even after all this time.
We kind of went over the mechanics of this with the devs around late September/early October. The season is merely a time period, and what happens during that season is part of it. It just happens that season 4 was the season of little to nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 38
11-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-child View Post
im definatly looking forward to the season 5 patch and the f2p content.
so much new stuff

sure there is things i don't like, but then again in the grand of things it's giving alot of new content, and i don't really care that much about c-store stuff anyway, as long as i can still play my game.
Tell me, what is this "new content" you speak of? I played on Tribble too and I don't recall seeing a whole lot of "new content". All I saw was that they took a lot of old content, chopped it into a bunch of bite sized pieces and turned it into a grind. The only new stuff I saw was the Klingon Academy and a few goofy little events and I don't think that qualifies as either content or a lot.

Edit: And the DOff system is not content. That's an ancillary system and that's all. At most it equates to a mini-game, not actual content.

Lt. Commander
# 39
11-30-2011, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Doctor.
Am I the only one happy about S5 coming?
The question is flawed. Am I happy that some of the things in "Season 5" are coming? Yes, I am happy to see the Doff system, new content, and a number of other things. However am I happy that things which are really delayed S4 content are just being called S5, meaning we arent getting a "real" S5? No, I'm not.
Lt. Commander
# 40
11-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Tell me, what is this "new content" you speak of? I played on Tribble too and I don't recall seeing a whole lot of "new content". All I saw was that they took a lot of old content, chopped it into a bunch of bite sized pieces and turned it into a grind. The only new stuff I saw was the Klingon Academy and a few goofy little events and I don't think that qualifies as either content or a lot.

The new system that makes you wait up to 2 days for a die roll isn't compelling to you?