Lt. Commander
# 81
11-30-2011, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgwynne View Post
Judging by the extreme negativity and illogical nonsense espoused by the majority (not all, but the majority) of comments I have read on this forum, I'm not really sure exactly how it could be considered helping to make things better.

By all means, make suggestions as to how things could change. But it's very tiresome to open almost any thread, even a thread that starts positively, and read the SAME complaints over and over. That's pretty unproductive.
Ummm... The Forums have always been a place to Vent ones dissatisfaction...

Just take it in stride and glance over the posts that bother you.

You'll have a much better experience if ya take everything here with a half a box of salt...

Especially, me. :p

(Don't let the howling get ya down, there's plenty of fun to be had around here.)
Lt. Commander
# 82
11-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabsau View Post
IAs some would say, I am part of the silent majority who are excited for the new changes.
I bet you have no idea what the majority of players think. I certainly don't.
Lt. Commander
# 83
11-30-2011, 09:12 PM
I'm pretty excited by some of the changes coming in the patch. I disagree with some. And there are a couple I find baffling (like the new "feminine" stance).

Overall, though, for me, the positives are outweighing the negatives, so, all in all, in favor.
Lt. Commander
# 84
11-30-2011, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
I bet you have no idea what the majority of players think. I certainly don't.
All we really know is what the majority of forum-goers think.

We can never know what players as a whole think until after something happens and they have time to react, but I'm willing to bet that

1; not many people are going to enjoy Dilithium.
2; Forum goers actually do represent the majority of the feelings of in-game players, if not the majority of in-game players.

Me, I'm so sick of Dil (and I haven't even got any yet) that I am permanently switching my favorite Sci-Fi fuel to Eezo.
Lt. Commander
# 85
11-30-2011, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Doctor.
Maybe you are expecting too much ? /shrug

You are never going to get exactly what you want, in a game, embrace change, be thankful for what we are being given, and you'll have a much happier gaming life.
To change then !
Lt. Commander
# 86
11-30-2011, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgwynne View Post
Judging by the extreme negativity and illogical nonsense espoused by the majority (not all, but the majority) of comments I have read on this forum, I'm not really sure exactly how it could be considered helping to make things better.

By all means, make suggestions as to how things could change. But it's very tiresome to open almost any thread, even a thread that starts positively, and read the SAME complaints over and over. That's pretty unproductive.
It is a hell of their own making though. If we hadn't been promised the stars only to get much, much less perhaps there would be much less frustration.

Complaints will be repeated until they are addressed, or until significant changes occur that can put those complaints to the back of peoples minds. I could forgive a lot of the changes if it meant significant improvements to my playing experiance. Some of what is coming is good but IMO, not enough, not when we were promised so much and I bought my LTS on the strength of those promises. I'm not a mindless grouch either, I supported the game and Cryptic until a couple of months ago and I've been here since beta, my patience has run out.

As I said, it is a hell of Cryptic's own making and they must endure it until the game becomes significantly better, until new mission content, KDF contetn pvp etc etc stop getting overlooked. They have a long road ahead of them to get there, perhaps the new updates are the first step but in light of recent months, I'm not so sure they will carry on like this and as such, I'll remain unhappy with aspects of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 87
11-30-2011, 11:35 PM
The only two parts of season 5 I can see that are a beneficial change to the game are the doff system and the simplified economy. The doffs offer chances for power bonuses that can greatly benefit a pvper such as myself if I have the right ones slotted.

I will say I do plan on keeping the subscription as I am choosing not to lose those boff slots without having to buy more from the c store. However I have developed a strong distaste for for the new skill tree.
Lt. Commander
# 88
12-01-2011, 12:20 AM
Sorry, since the only thing i'm waiting for was already a BIG part of Season 4, which obviously never happened (DOFF System etc) ... i'm not that excited ... feels more like being hit in the face, to call this stuff a season ...

Just hoping Season 6 will be more than Featured Episodes 4 in Cardassian Space (which was also Part of Season 4 already)
Lt. Commander
# 89
12-01-2011, 01:24 AM
The total lack of new KDF content frustrates me most.

DOFF System is a magic the gathering type game on character level. I won't support it with my money to buy boosters.
Lt. Commander
# 90
12-01-2011, 01:41 AM
yeah im pretty excited.