Lt. Commander
# 11
11-30-2011, 12:57 PM
i hope we dont have the same problem as we do now with moving objects. The system keeps asking me if i want to reset the properties whenever i move a wall. When i click yes it changes the wall to something else like a pole or lamp. Not very usefull when making a maze and it gets very annoying when i have to click no every time i move a wall.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic View Post
The author of a mission is the one who is best able to tell if it is behaving the same after the patch as before, so please do play through your missions after Season 5 goes live and let us know if anything new is broken.
Thanks! Will do.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisChiken View Post
If the version of the project in the Foundry does not match the published version (ie. storyline enhancements partily completed) what will the automatic republished results be ?

Was consideration given to locking down the Foundry Editor prior (ie. 12-24 before patch applied) to reduce the unavailability post-release and provide extra lead time for any unexpected republishing issues ?
The automatic republish just republishes any currently published versions. It will have no effect on any un-published work in progress. The automated republish is not anything new or unusual. We have done it many times since the Foundry launched.

Closing foundry editing prior to the launch of Season 5 would not reduce the downtime post release. We need the new build active and player playing the republished missions.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-30-2011, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castmodean View Post
IS it also possible to lock down the ability to place stars on any missions for the duration of the editing lockout?
Not currently, but I have bumped that feature up on the priority list for our UGC engineer, so we should have that capability not long after the launch of Season 5.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-30-2011, 03:44 PM
What will happened if I decide to take mi mission off just in case? What will be your advice?

And again, thank you for keep us inform.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-30-2011, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
Not currently, but I have bumped that feature up on the priority list for our UGC engineer, so we should have that capability not long after the launch of Season 5.
What would be really nice is if authors had control on when their missions can start being rated so they can be sure its all right before they get 1 stared.

I'm not asking for an On Off switch that can be flipped back and forth at will but just a one time on button that stays on till the next major code release when all authors would need to hit the on button again after they check it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-30-2011, 05:18 PM
We just had our meeting to approve the Season 5 patch to go live tomorrow. We decided that we will leave Foundry editing off over the weekend to give people ample time to test their republished projects. So expect Foundry editing to be turned off tomorrow when the game comes back up with Season 5, and editing to be re-enabled some time early next week.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Quote:
We just had our meeting to approve the Season 5 patch to go live tomorrow. We decided that we will leave Foundry editing off over the weekend to give people ample time to test their republished projects. So expect Foundry editing to be turned off tomorrow when the game comes back up with Season 5, and editing to be re-enabled some time early next week.
I ask again, what could happend if I take my mission off today to be on the safe side?

And again, thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerritouru View Post
I ask again, what could happend if I take my mission off today to be on the safe side?

And again, thanks.
You can certainly do that if you are concerned. If you withdraw the mission yourself it will not be automatically republished. It will just be unavailable until you publish it again yourself, which will have to wait until after we re-enable Foundry editing.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Quote:
You can certainly do that if you are concerned. If you withdraw the mission yourself it will not be automatically republished. It will just be unavailable until you publish it again yourself, which will have to wait until after we re-enable Foundry editing.
Thank you for the quick answerd!