Lt. Commander
# 11
12-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medickvhs View Post
The Dauntless wasn't a Federation ship. It was a ship from a Delta Quadrant native species disguised as a Federation ship that was going to be a trap so someone could have the entire Voyager crew sent to the Borg's doorstep. He wanted revenge for his planet being assimilated which he felt was Voyager's fault for helping the Borg defeat Species 8472.
Yes it wasn't really a Federation Ship but it was found by Voyager. I think the people at STO could come up with a story as to why its in the game. Like the Voyager encountered the ship and even scanned it. And the crew was onboard so they even knew what the interior looked like. I think they could add the ship. The people at STO are creative.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekDork1701 View Post
Yes it wasn't really a Federation Ship but it was found by Voyager. I think the people at STO could come up with a story as to why its in the game. Like the Voyager encountered the ship and even scanned it. And the crew was onboard so they even knew what the interior looked like. I think they could add the ship. The people at STO are creative.
Given how contrived such an explanation would be since they scanned the ship and even failed to notice the slight detail that it wasn't actually a Starfleet ship makes you wonder how accurate such information would be, it would probably turn out to be a "Voodoo Shark".
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneemann View Post
Afaik there was a dauntless class ship in the 26th century battle in ENT: Azati Prime.

Given that we are currently using centuries old designs, why shouldn't the dauntless already be available now and still in service then.
I've looked at the pricture of the suposed Dauntless class ship at the battle of Azati prime, (looks like a blurred bigfoot :p) It looks more like a promethius class to me.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
you omitted that the battle in "Azati Prime" never took place because in the final episode of Enterprise's 3rd season the spheres were destroyed and the expanse just vanished.
He also forgot that even ENT was still a low budget show. They just grabbed whatever federation looking ship models were lying around for the shooting of that scene. Just like all the kitbash ships at Wolf 359.

It's TV... you can't take everything as absolute fact... even in universe.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post

you omitted that the battle in "Azati Prime" never took place because in the final episode of Enterprise's 3rd season the spheres were destroyed and the expanse just vanished.

He also forgot that even ENT was still a low budget show. They just grabbed whatever federation looking ship models were lying around for the shooting of that scene. Just like all the kitbash ships at Wolf 359.

It's TV... you can't take everything as absolute fact... even in universe.
The battle of Azati Prime would have still happened. It was the loss by the sphere builders that made them send build the spheres in the past.

Also at the time of enterprise, it was all CGI, so they could have taken a bunch of defiants and promos and it would have cost about the same. I'm still not sure that was a Dauntless Class to begin with, it had nacells on the top and bottom.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
Also at the time of enterprise, it was all CGI, so they could have taken a bunch of defiants and promos and it would have cost about the same. I'm still not sure that was a Dauntless Class to begin with, it had nacells on the top and bottom.
There were Prometheus and Dauntless class ships in the battle, don't confuse the two.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/File...zati_Prime.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-08-2011, 11:18 AM
There are several ways to easily introduce a Dauntless-modeled hull into STO:

1) A T5 replica ship commissioned to honor the Voyager crew, using actual Federation technology and modeled after Voyager's records of the original encounter.

2) The Dauntless "appeared out of no-where, in perfect shape, as if dropped off by an unknown termporal anomaly" -- yes, the upcoming C-Store Jem-Hadar attack ships are already using this explanation

3) It is an Undine replicated ship based on stolen Starfleet records

The list goes on...
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shar487
2) The Dauntless "appeared out of no-where, in perfect shape, as if dropped off by an unknown termporal anomaly" -- yes, the upcoming C-Store Jem-Hadar attack ships are already using this explanation
I hope you realize this is directly connect to an actual episode of DS9.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Quote:
I hope you realize this is directly connect to an actual episode of DS9.
If that's the case, then we should be seeing Jem'Hadar V-Wing cruisers and Straight-wing battle-ships in the not-too-distant future!
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shar487
If that's the case, then we should be seeing Jem'Hadar V-Wing cruisers and Straight-wing battle-ships in the not-too-distant future!
Considering the fleet "The Sisko" asked to be removed from time in "Sacrifice of Angels" did contain those too, this is certainly possible.