Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 101
11-30-2011, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
Azurian, if the numbers you posted are accurate, you have enough currency to get some awarded as ore and not straight refined, so you should get the BOFF.

I on the other hand, spent my horde on gear, so I get gear and no BOFF until it becomes available thru some other method.

Either way, I got/get something. The world continues to spin. The sun will rise. Taxes will become due. blah blah blah.
I'm never said they wern't accurate, I'm just trying to figure what people are saying. One says 1% will get the BOFF, others say its the 99%, those with Ore get it, but who gets the Ore. Etc.


But given all this confusion, It's best to lower expectations and expect not to get the BOFF.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 102
11-30-2011, 07:45 PM
deleted

/10char
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 103
11-30-2011, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
You know...

I'm wondering now if they had this planned all along and kept quiet so we wouldn't all spend the past month grinding emblems on Holodeck and making their precious dilithium conversion worse for them.

...No, Cryptic wouldn't do something like that, would they...? They wouldn't intentionally let us stew for all those weeks, laughing at us from afar, just to protect their bottom line, right...?

...would they?

I can't tell if they're not that clever or not that devious...
They have been following me around all evening... I'm gonna vote for Devious. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
Then you should get the super BOFF, then, right? Anyone who has more than 128,000 dilithium will get the BOFF because when they do the conversion on your holodeck toon, anything over 128k doesn't get made into refined, it gets made into ore. Anyone who gets anything converted to ore got the BOFF is what I thought was said...?
YES

EDIT: NO

160K = Access to a Purple BOff.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 104
11-30-2011, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
At the moment, I'm simply asking a question that I would like to get an answer. Although, I'll add to that question, why do the exact same missions on tribble give more dilithium than what we get converted from pre-dilithium. An explanation would be greatly appreciated.

1 Emblem Mission on Holodec gives 448 Dilithium on Tribble
128k and below get 336 rate (30% loss)
128,001 - 896,000 get 268.8 rate (40% loss)
Above 896,000 get 134.4 rate (72% loss)
All of your merits & lower level badges, medals, etc.. are also converted.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 105
11-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
But given all this confusion, It's best to say I'm not getting the BOFF. While Dev Kiss-butts from the TSS get extra bonuses while normal players that spent 2 years believing in STO get a kick in the groin.
1% will get the BO. Honestly, like I said before, there's plenty of other BO's to be had. Who knows, this might hit the C-Store in a few months (for a healthy amount of CP of course) anyway, assuming STO lives that long.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 106
11-30-2011, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
deleted

/10char
And the reason why there is diminishing returns are pretty self evident.

It sucks, but they tried to make it suck a little less by giving the victims of the diminishing-return tax a pretty cool BOFF. That beats nothing I guess.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 107
11-30-2011, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
1% will get the BO. Honestly, like I said before, there's plenty of other BO's to be had. Who knows, this might hit the C-Store in a few months (for a healthy amount of CP of course) anyway, assuming STO lives that long.
No doubt it will go in the C-store.

But the thing is, once again certain people get a bonus while we got squat.

The Rich are getting the reward because they spent day and night grinding emblems.

TSS Folk are getting a unique player title for being chosen by Gozer.


The rest of us, well we losing a percentage of our 2 years of hard work. And that just plain sucks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
BTW can we add 62700 dilithium to all those 500 day vets that didn't get their 250 emblems, at least for the BO calculation. If those 250 emblems makes the difference between getting the BO and not, please award it to those as well.

This should take care of characters created just to get the emblems, but boy i would be ******* if i turned 500 days today, and with the 250 emblems one of my toons would get the BO, but now it doesn't.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 109
11-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos5k
All of your merits & lower level badges, medals, etc.. are also converted.
I know that, they too are devalued at the same rate. My question is more inline of why 30/40%. That seems a bit too steep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I'm never said they wern't accurate, I'm just trying to figure what people are saying. One says 1% will get the BOFF, others say its the 99%, those with Ore get it, but who gets the Ore. Etc.


But given all this confusion, It's best to lower expectations and expect not to get the BOFF.
Only about 1% of the toons will get ore. They will get the BOFF. The other 99% of the toons get no ore and thus no BOFF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
No doubt it will go in the C-store.

But the thing is, once again certain people get a bonus while we got squat.

The Rich are getting the reward because they spent day and night grinding emblems.

TSS Folk are getting a unique player title for being chosen by Gozer.


The rest of us, well we losing a percentage of our 2 years of hard work. And that just plain sucks.
Azurian, the rich are LOOSING dilithium. I'm loosing over 1 MILLION of it. It is not a REWARD, it is a COMPENSATION.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 110
11-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
At the moment, I'm simply asking a question that I would like to get an answer. Although, I'll add to that question, why do the exact same missions on tribble give more dilithium than what we get converted from pre-dilithium. An explanation would be greatly appreciated.

1 Emblem Mission on Holodec gives 448 Dilithium on Tribble
128k and below get 336 rate (30% loss)
128,001 - 896,000 get 268.8 rate (40% loss)
Above 896,000 get 134.4 rate (72% loss)
The only answer that I can see coming is...

Because They designed it that way to keep Their new Economy from Crashing from the get go.

And I believe They have already stated this in a couple of posts this evening.


I am not trying to be snide or troll-ish (well, no more then usual) it's just the way it is.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:21 PM.