Lt. Commander
# 21
12-01-2011, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
It's hard -not- to look forward to Season 5, seeing as Season 4 has been a royal P.O.S.
The most glaring problem I personally suffered since Season 4 came out is the change they made to how Mind Meld works for Vulcan characters. It used to work from a bit of a distance, now you have to be literally standing within arm's reach to use it, which makes it virtually worthless to me. I would be overjoyed if they would change it back how it used to work.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas-
The most glaring problem I personally suffered since Season 4 came out is the change they made to how Mind Meld works for Vulcan characters. It used to work from a bit of a distance, now you have to be literally standing within arm's reach to use it, which makes it virtually worthless to me. I would be overjoyed if they would change it back how it used to work.
Only problem with reverting it back is the change that was made to it is how mind melds were performed in all series and movies. Which is pretty much what they were doing is making it canon when they did that. I am pretty sure that was an intentional change. The only race really from the alpha quadrant that was telepathic and has their powers honed for attacking people are the letheans. Which may be what your cup of tea is if you want a ranged telepathic attack.

Side note though to be productive for you the best way to use a close quarters attack like mind meld is for example when its you and 4 boffs. Order them to attack a target and flank the enemy group and circle in from behind while they are attacking so you can get the meld off before they can start attacking you. It's not worthless as a skill just has to be applied with different tactics when it wasn't working like it should have been.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-01-2011, 09:12 AM
Good point, but there was one episode where Spock used it on a guard and got him to open the door to their holding cell. I think it was TOS: A Taste of Armageddon. They made no physical contact, it was done telepathically from a distance.

I do appreciate the suggestion/advice though. Always welcome.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
And so it actually begins....

Light the fires and kick the tires, the stuff hits the fan later today!
::: signals KDF boarding parties to stand by in the shadows of DS9 ....
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-01-2011, 09:13 AM
I was planning on either today or this weekend going to Memory Alpha and building a ton of items before the dilithium tax hit.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
Only problem with reverting it back is the change that was made to it is how mind melds were performed in all series and movies. Which is pretty much what they were doing is making it canon when they did that. I am pretty sure that was an intentional change. The only race really from the alpha quadrant that was telepathic and has their powers honed for attacking people are the letheans. Which may be what your cup of tea is if you want a ranged telepathic attack.

Side note though to be productive for you the best way to use a close quarters attack like mind meld is for example when its you and 4 boffs. Order them to attack a target and flank the enemy group and circle in from behind while they are attacking so you can get the meld off before they can start attacking you. It's not worthless as a skill just has to be applied with different tactics when it wasn't working like it should have been.
The problem is that KDF have 2 ranged attacks, Letheans and Orions. The Vulcan Mind Meld was UFPs only similar ability. The placate for Betazoids is BO only and the Telekinetic push is not a placate and is available to both factions. In PvP matches KDF can placate 2 feds at a time using Orions and Tactical Initiative. The Vulcan equivalent has been removed, or at least made woefully deficient in comparison.

Speaking of cannon, when did Orions have such an ability? They required close quarters and friendly terms to seduce people. I never saw one blow a kiss in combat and suddenly the enemy changed sides with no prior contact. Nor did it work on females, instantly turning them into lesbians. If canon is the reason, Orion Seduce needs some serious work.

Most players view it as an ability and nothing more, to get overly technical about cannon and reality can get to be slippery ground.
Lt. Commander
# 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollywog View Post
Just Holodeck or Tribble as well? I can't login at Tribble after a patch this morning.
They are grabbing a copy of the DB from Tribble during the conversion for the testing rewards, and they need Tribble to be down for that since it's hard to grab the data while Tribble is up.
Lt. Commander
# 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
::: signals KDF boarding parties to stand by in the shadows of DS9 ....
We should bring our KDF characters in our fighters/chariots/shuttles when it comes back up LOLS ITS KLINGONS! and one Lethean (he wants more gel)!
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuccaneerDTB
The problem is that KDF have 2 ranged attacks, Letheans and Orions. The Vulcan Mind Meld was UFPs only similar ability. The placate for Betazoids is BO only and the Telekinetic push is not a placate and is available to both factions. In PvP matches KDF can placate 2 feds at a time using Orions and Tactical Initiative. The Vulcan equivalent has been removed, or at least made woefully deficient in comparison.

Speaking of cannon, when did Orions have such an ability? They required close quarters and friendly terms to seduce peole. I never saw one blow a kiss in combat and suddenly the enemy changed sides with no prior contact. Nor did it work on females, instantly turning them into lesbians. If canon is the reason, Orion Seduce needs some serious work.

Most players view it as an ability an nothing more, to get to technical about cannon and reality can get to be slippery ground.
That is a fair point.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP_Dodgers View Post
Ouch 3pm - 6pm GMT, oh well it will be worth it.

Could also mess about on Tribble till then

Yup, seems they dont like us in the GMT timezone
Closed Thread