Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Howdy,

I don't post here much but I think I either found a bug, an oversight, or something of that nature.
purchased a Caitian BOFF from my Fed VA account and, like the Borg BOFF, expected it to be account bound. However, logging into my other Fed characters- all of them don't allow me to get the Caitian BOFF "free".

I tried claiming through in game C-Store, requisition officer, and got nothing.
Is this intended? If so, then why is it not listed in the purchase description on either the Web C-Store or the in-game C-Store?

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-01-2011, 03:49 AM
You only get one instance of the Caitian or Aenar boff per purchase. Once you turn in the requisition and claim the officer, you can trade it or give it away as you please. Conversely, you can have more than one Caitian or Aenar boff in a given toon's bridge crew. It's not an account-wide purchase unlock like some items are.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-01-2011, 03:59 AM
I get that, yeah. But I thought they were still account bound, not character bound. Well I guess it's only 100, but they should make that more clear.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-01-2011, 04:04 AM
Afraid not.

There is a brisk trade in Caitian and Aenar boffs on Exchange, though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-01-2011, 04:00 PM
So if it isn't an account-wide unlock and we can sell/trade them, one could mail the BO requisition between their characters? Or get the BO and then mail it to another character?

I guess I'm wondering why the player who paid for the unlock can't cut out the middle-man, so to speak, to benefit their entire account?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
So if it isn't an account-wide unlock and we can sell/trade them, one could mail the BO requisition between their characters? Or get the BO and then mail it to another character?

I guess I'm wondering why the player who paid for the unlock can't cut out the middle-man, so to speak, to benefit their entire account?
Why go through the trouble of buying it on a character to mail it to another character? It is one BO per purchase not an unlimited ability to keep reclaiming per character that purchases the BO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-02-2011, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie
Why go through the trouble of buying it on a character to mail it to another character? It is one BO per purchase not an unlimited ability to keep reclaiming per character that purchases the BO.
This.

Any toon can buy one of these boffs (or more if they want; I had a fleetmate who had an entire bridge crew of Caitians). If you were to buy it while logged into STO but not actually using one of your toons, then any toon should be able to claim it.

FWIW, if you discovered that the boff had been claimed by the wrong toon on your account, you can definitely mail it to another one of your toons.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
So if it isn't an account-wide unlock and we can sell/trade them, one could mail the BO requisition between their characters? Or get the BO and then mail it to another character?

I guess I'm wondering why the player who paid for the unlock can't cut out the middle-man, so to speak, to benefit their entire account?
In reality, its not a 'Unlock', its a 'Single Purchase'.... if you Commission/Train Up/Transfer/Discard the BO in question, and want another one, you have to make another Purchase...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
12-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Store
To claim your Caitian Bridge Officer, visit a Requisition Officer on Earth Spacedock, DS9 or Starbase 39-Sierra.



Caitians! These battle-ready predators have been loyal members of the United Federation of Planets since the 23rd century. Now you can have one on your crew!



All Caitian Bridge Officers have the following traits:



Feline Instincts -- 10% chance to dodge half damage from ranged attacks, +75% jump height, +10 perception, +10% exploit damage
Superior Aggressive -- Bonus damage and threat generation
Superior Sure Footed -- Bonus root and knockback resistance
Pounce -- Close physical attack with chance for knockback

Note: To gain additional Caitian Bridge Officers, you must acquire another Caitian Bridge Officer Requisition Form. There are male and female options for Tactical, Science and Engineering officers. These officers are not Unique, so you may have multiple Caitians on your crew.



If you discard, sell, trade, or use an Caitian Bridge Officer for training, you WILL NOT be able to claim a free replacement from the C-Store.
Bolded text by me. It's just a bit vague for my tastes. It really needs to be more forthright by actually stating,
"Note: One Caitian Bridge Officer Requisition Form per purchase at the C-Store."
Honestly, both the Caitian and Aenar Bridge Officer Requisitions should state it as such.

While each, single BO costs 100 C-points, they are purple in rarity, i.e. [Very Rare]. With two superior traits. Which is an important distinction. Now I'm just waiting for word through the Doff system to learn what assignments will reward a [Common], [Uncommon] or [Rare] Caitian BO Requisition Form. At least I thought that part of the plan. I'll see if I can find the appropriate thread to inquire further.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
12-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
Bolded text by me. It's just a bit vague for my tastes. It really needs to be more forthright by actually stating,
"Note: One Caitian Bridge Officer Requisition Form per purchase at the C-Store."
Honestly, both the Caitian and Aenar Bridge Officer Requisitions should state it as such.

While each, single BO costs 100 C-points, they are purple in rarity, i.e. [Very Rare]. With two superior traits. Which is an important distinction. Now I'm just waiting for word through the Doff system to learn what assignments will reward a [Common], [Uncommon] or [Rare] Caitian BO Requisition Form. At least I thought that part of the plan. I'll see if I can find the appropriate thread to inquire further.
Yeah, that's my point. It's too vague when compared to other, older purchasable items like the skill boosts that CLEARLY state it is for 1 character- the character you bought it with.

This is a case of buyer beware, and thanks to older precedents and lack of information, I found out the hard way. I will certainly less inclined to purchase items the more this trend seems to rear its ugly head.

Make me feel confident in my purchases, not question wording (or lack thereof) and generally feel that something shady could be happening (even if there is not.)
And clear descriptions are the way to do this.

Tell me that if I wanted more than 1 Cait BOFF, I'd have to buy another one is not the same as saying "This BOFF is for this character only, and while you may have more than one of these very rare BOFFs by additional purchases, they are character specific only." And if you want to make it tradable, put something in there regarding "Bound on Equip/Commission, so otrade with other players before COmmission your officer!"

These descriptions are short already, what is the obstacle in adding more clear description on what I'm getting for my dollar? How is the game worse or player experiences made bad by making my purchase easier to make because of clarity of product?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:19 PM.