Lt. Commander
Ok you all have noticed it by now, the grinding of the STF's insane, where one first took 1-2 hours for a good PuG to do all of infected, you now do 2 hours of STF'ing to get 5/6 of those Borg Chips...

Its ludicrous. Also that random chance thingy to get a Salvage or Borg Tech is stupid, there shouldnt be a chance system it should be a fixed system. If you do Elite you get Elite sh*t, if you do normal you get normal sh*t.

So far ive done 10's of 20's of normal space STF's, I only got some chips and some Rare Salvage nothing too fancy. The loot drops are mediocre at best on Elite (VA level), the best I got is Mk XII blue stuff, which is not really worth anything either. Where is the Mk XII purple gear huh? The Elite STF's, especially the cure with a _PuG_ is hard enough, if not un-doable to say the least)

Is this a new way to keep players busy until we get some new content?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-06-2011, 08:10 AM
Here is all your fancy gear on a silver platter!

Nope not gonna work that way. The elite stfs are not undoable, rather, you need a coordinated group who know their respective roles on the team. No longer can you tralalalala your way through a stf, you may just have to, dare I say...think.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Still they created a pointless boring grind to keep people busy. Busy work might prevent them from noticing that there isn't any other real content.

No one is asking for stuff to come too easily. People should absolutely have to earn what they get. Random chance to get the desired item, or getting a single item for the entire team to lot on (and encourage people to work together to help one another), might be better. But then they wouldn't have the tedious grind to provide the illusion of content.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
Ok you all have noticed it by now, the grinding of the STF's insane, where one first took 1-2 hours for a good PuG to do all of infected, you now do 2 hours of STF'ing to get 5/6 of those Borg Chips...

Its ludicrous. Also that random chance thingy to get a Salvage or Borg Tech is stupid, there shouldnt be a chance system it should be a fixed system. If you do Elite you get Elite sh*t, if you do normal you get normal sh*t.

So far ive done 10's of 20's of normal space STF's, I only got some chips and some Rare Salvage nothing too fancy. The loot drops are mediocre at best on Elite (VA level), the best I got is Mk XII blue stuff, which is not really worth anything either. Where is the Mk XII purple gear huh? The Elite STF's, especially the cure with a _PuG_ is hard enough, if not un-doable to say the least)

Is this a new way to keep players busy until we get some new content?
I've run 20 STFs since Season 5 launch. I've got 22 Encrypted Data, 12 Rare Borg Salvage, 1 Shield Tech and 1 Engine Tech, not to mention tons of green/blue/purple Mk X and Mk XI gear. That's running on "normal" (not elite). I may just be lucky.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Lucky you. Thirty plus runs of STFs. I have 37 Datachips. NOTHING ELSE! I've never seen a requisition or item drop for the rifle, the shield or the armor in any of them. I've seen the rare salvage 3 times (and never won it due to the Need/Greed random draw system).

And it's not due to accomplishments. I've had some bad STF runs, had some good ones, and had ones where I clearly outperformed my team. Surely probability would have favoured me at some point? It has not.

The drop system is truly random and extremely stingy.

Good thing I enjoy doing some of those STF's, or I'd say to hell with it. I've already given up on ever seeing an elite drop ever again in my life.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekkieTravis View Post
I've run 20 STFs since Season 5 launch. I've got 22 Encrypted Data, 12 Rare Borg Salvage, 1 Shield Tech and 1 Engine Tech, not to mention tons of green/blue/purple Mk X and Mk XI gear. That's running on "normal" (not elite). I may just be lucky.
Actually you are, I've run 43 STFs on normal, got 39 Encryptet data (yes, sometimes you do not even get those with the final drop) 4 rare particles and NO tech drop at all.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Actually you are, I've run 43 STFs on normal, got 39 Encryptet data (yes, sometimes you do not even get those with the final drop) 4 rare particles and NO tech drop at all.
Apparently, I need to head to Vegas ASAP! =P
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-06-2011, 04:12 PM
i think there needs to be something that you get each mission that increases the likely hood of getting better drops... and the elites are the only way to get the mk12 purple stuff (omega and maco related)

ah well, back to the grind....
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Always a stupid fanboy saying everything is fine... ITS NOT. Elite STFs are TOO hard, normal STFs are UNREWARDING. Please do NOT listen to these fanboys and fix these STFs earlier rather than later. This is not fun, you will not keep any free members as golds once they see these STFs and how they work. It is completely unacceptable. PLEASE FIX IT.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekkieTravis View Post
Apparently, I need to head to Vegas ASAP! =P
Seems like you should do that ....

And BTW, did the STFs a lot on tribble... and although I got more EDC and rare drops there, I still do not even know how tech drops look...
Wich makes it... IMO... simply retardet to tie the Elite versions JUST to tech drops.