Lt. Commander
# 1 Picking Bridge Officers?
12-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Do you ever get to completely pick your bridge officer's race and gender...or is it always a take what you can get scenario?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-06-2011, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitalityPrime
Do you ever get to completely pick your bridge officer's race and gender...or is it always a take what you can get scenario?
You can customize their appearance, (size, shape, height, colour and look) change their names and clothing, etc. I don't think that you can change their race or sex though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-06-2011, 12:20 PM
The only way that you have complete control over what Boffs you get is to buy them from the exchange consoles
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-08-2011, 01:08 AM
No, you don't get a menu where you can select everything to your liking, but with the officer requisition store next to sickbay in Earth spacedock and the amount of green and better officers you get as rewards just from leveling up, you're bound to find a race/gender mix you like. It's not perfect, but I actually like leaving some aspects of my crew to chance. I might never have chosen a Saurian if I'd been able to tailor every aspect of my crew myself. Now I'm glad I gave her a shot and I love my new chief engineer.

Considering you can change everything else about them, you might find you enjoy rolling the dice and seeing what Starfleet hands you.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-10-2011, 02:21 PM
You can get new Boffs from the recruitment missions in the Doff system as well. I just replaced a white human boff with a purple one.