Lt. Commander
# 11
12-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
INSTEAD? Are you sure? So those of us with diplo-BOffs are a really exclusive club now?
I only have one . It is not as if anyone can see them anyway, unless you are teamed on a mission that allows BOs.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Quote:
INSTEAD? Are you sure? So those of us with diplo-BOffs are a really exclusive club now?
Heretic has said multiple times that if you have the white BOff you're grandfathered in. But from here on out it's purple BOff only.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
I only have one . It is not as if anyone can see them anyway, unless you are teamed on a mission that allows BOs.
I have 3 Gorn on my main. Was looking forward to a fourth for a full away team but oh well. I'm apparently in a very exclusive club for the time being.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frak View Post
Heretic has said multiple times that if you have the white BOff you're grandfathered in. But from here on out it's purple BOff only.
Quark was saying the Boff has been scrapped in favor of another Doff.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Quote:
I have 3 Gorn on my main. Was looking forward to a fourth for a full away team but oh well. I'm apparently in a very exclusive club for the time being.
Well, they are all common anyway, so not the best away team members. They are more of a cosmetic thing.

I am sure they will put them back in the game eventually.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Quark was saying the Boff has been scrapped in favor of another Doff.
The fourth diplomacy doff was clearly stated by heretic to be an addition, not a replacement to anything.
The boff is still in the commendation UI, which has been updated to list all four doffs.

Considering the actual addition was a green doff (before you got one of each, now you get two green, one blue and one purple), that would be a pretty sad trade.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
Well, they are all common anyway, so not the best away team members. They are more of a cosmetic thing.

I am sure they will put them back in the game eventually.
True but the challenging content in the game doesn't use BOffs at all on the ground, where these guys are most visible and traits don't make THAT huge of a difference really.

If we're talking standard episode play, they're perfectly valid and they're not visible to other players in space and BOs don't get used at all in STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 18
I as wondering about this as well since this ill affect which veteren boff I'm going to choose. A Dev response clearing this up would be very useful. Again, this is the BRIDGE OFFICER, not DUTY OFFICER we are wondering about.
Lt. Commander
# 19
Quote:
My mistake; mea culpa.

Diplo BOFF, not Doff.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=236651
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Players who have already earned the white Tier IV Diplomatic bridge officer will keep it; they (and anyone else moving forward) will get the purple bridge officer as a separate reward.

It's been very bumpy getting these new bridge officers available; I thought it was all straightened out, but there may still be some issues. We'll look into it.