Lt. Commander
# 1 Steamed already?
01-25-2012, 01:40 AM
Response to my question would you like to play STO, when you look at their launch trailer?
Definetely if i can get it from steam, i could try.

DX11 + Awesome spacebattles + Steam = Victory for STO F2P

btw: i have seen a lot more people nowadays, but is it enough for PW/Cryptic?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-25-2012, 06:36 AM
DX11= Doesn't improve anything visually(and is still glitched a bit), unless your playing the game on a screen the size of your wall.

Awesome Space Battles= True, but most people see the 'Star Trek' name, then quietly whisper something offensive to them selves. (Star Trek is one of those bias things). I personally like Star Trek, but we are a very select community (compared to things like star wars, or stargate)

Steam= Meh, I wouldn't mind it, but it doesn't add anything new for me. I can just link my normal client to it. It might bring in some new players if its advertised on there.

btw: The new influx is good, but zone chat is now spam with people asking 20 questions at once.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-25-2012, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyes77 View Post
Response to my question would you like to play STO, when you look at their launch trailer?
Definetely if i can get it from steam, i could try.
They've already stated they're working on a Steam launch. They wanted the standard launch to be a trial to see what the strain on their servers would be like. Champions Online also added Steam later.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-25-2012, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
They've already stated they're working on a Steam launch. They wanted the standard launch to be a trial to see what the strain on their servers would be like. Champions Online also added Steam later.
Good to hear, achievents could be ranks & abilitys in steam. Just to brag to friend
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Er...I'm confused. I originally bought STO on Steam and launch it from there when I play. Is it no longer offered on that service?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu-Kai
Er...I'm confused. I originally bought STO on Steam and launch it from there when I play. Is it no longer offered on that service?
STO hasn't been offered for sale on Steam for a while now, if I recall correctly.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu-Kai
STO was dropped from Steam when it went f2p. The devs have said it will be coming back to Steam though. Not sure on when.

I know a few of my friends are so inexplicably lazy that even though they want to play STO, won't download the client unless it's on the one delivery service that all of the other games they play use, even when I direct them to the game's website. For them, if it's not on Steam, they won't download it. One just gave up on it when he saw it wasn't on Steam anymore.