Lt. Commander
# 51
12-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Wecome back Dan!
.. now theres this planet called andoria and it needs... everything.

Great to see you return!

DJ Jhen ch'Aniri
Lt. Commander
# 52
12-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Someone owes me 100 emblems..............DOH!
Lt. Commander
# 53
12-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Welcome Back!
We missed you around here its been a crazy few months to say the least... UGC needs someone like you behind it looking forward to the future!
Lt. Commander
# 54
12-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Welcome back Dan, We missed you .... OK I missed you

Does this means the return of Engineering reports .... lol
Lt. Commander
# 55
12-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Wow, bloody big day for STO today!

Welcome back Dan!
Lt. Commander
# 56
12-01-2011, 05:33 PM
You been missed. Welcome back! And in charge of the foundry! WOW EPIC AWESOME ... words fail the sentiment.

/emote fireworks
Lt. Commander
# 57
12-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Greetings!

As the snoops have deduced, yes I am back at Cryptic Studios! My time at Zynga was fun and interesting, but I really missed working with my colleagues here. There is something magical going on at Cryptic these days and I'm very happy to be back working on the MMOs that I personally love to play. Being a part of Perfect World is having such a great positive impact on this company.

After talking with Jack about returning, I accepted a position as a Sr. Producer managing the Foundry (UGC) tools at Cryptic Studios. I've always been passionate about User Generated Content and Community Developer involvement. Whether it was community deckbuilding software at Wizards of the Coast, the Xbox Community Developer Program at Microsoft, or more recently, the Foundry on STO, I've been a strong believer that if you build the right tools, game developers can partner with the community to build amazing content and applications.

That is why I'm excited to be back at Cryptic working directly with the highly talented UGC team to begin working on future updates for the Foundry, especially with the development of Neverwinter which has its own deep history of User Developed Content.

Today is a great day to be back at Cryptic. Season 5 is here! Stephen D'Angelo has been doing an awesome job as EP on STO. He's been able to rally the team to deliver on the many tasks needed for Season 5 to prepare the game for F2P. He and the STO team have been working from a solid plan and everything is on track for an awesome F2P launch. For those who have been asking, I'm in full support of the changes that have been made in Season 5 as they will contribute to the continued success of STO into the future as it brings in a whole new host of players.

So big hugs to everyone in STO land. I'm happy to be back and looking forward to contributing to the future of the Foundry.
Welcome back. Just one thing - can you impress upon mr D'Angelo the need for a seamless galaxy, as you said more than a few times was a goal of yours as EP.
Lt. Commander
# 58
12-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
/Snip

So big hugs to everyone in STO land. I'm happy to be back and looking forward to contributing to the future of the Foundry.
Awww man it's so cool to hear that you are back! Thought you would have jumped right back into the position of EP, but hearing that you're going to be contributing to the future of the Foundry is really great news, as everyone knows it needs a lot of love and hugs. lol

So thank you and welcome back!

I would just like to nudge this little reminder your way, Klingon authors would like access to more system doors outside of their old confined and restricted space. It would be awesome if at some point you could pop that fix in the pipeline, and then KDF authors can make many more missions available.

Gonna be a busy producer Sir! :p
Lt. Commander
# 59
12-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Welcome back, Dan! Your return to Cryptic is most... logical.
Lt. Commander
# 60
12-01-2011, 05:37 PM
A really big "Welcome Back!" from me too. I hope you're here to stay.
Closed Thread