Lt. Commander
# 11
12-19-2011, 03:39 AM
Just had the same issue.

Never happened while using Vista.
Now become a problem since updating my system to Win 7.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-19-2011, 08:02 AM
quote from dev coderanger a while back about using the programs file folder.

Quote:
Quote from coderanger....

Fun fact, the game will break pretty frequently if you install to Program Files under Vista or Win7 because of a new security feature called Virtual Store (short version: it intercepts and rewrites file writes inside prog files to go somewhere else). That is why it is no longer the default install location on those platforms. There is no permanent way to disable this feature of Windows, so installing outside of Program Files is the best option. The "correct" place according to MS for this would be C:\ProgramData, but more games use Users\Public\Games that we wanted to go with the clearer one. The More You Know.
I think win7 is more likely to have this problem.
Lt. Commander
Title says it all. I crashed while switching toons now when I go to log back in the launcher is stuck at the "patching" stage.

I tried to "force verify" - stuck at patching
I tried to set a proxy - stuck at patching
I tried with no proxy - stuck at patching
I tried in safe mode - stuck at patching

Let's face it something is up with the login servers based on other having similar issues. Please get this sorted.
Lt. Commander
# 14 CTD and Corrupt HOGGs
12-23-2011, 04:19 AM
I have been getting a lot of these crash to desktops over the past 2 months or so. I usually submit a mini dump (when the error program launches) or sometimes a full dump, hope these will be useful in fixing the issues.

Next, I am also seeing more corrupt HOGG files - I have to routinely delete the HOGG files from the Live folder (the files are then copied from the Tribble folder again when launching the game). The force verify does not seem to fix corrupt HOGG files.

Sometimes when the game crashes, the gameclient.exe is still active so I have to close this as well (otherwise the launcher will get stuck at Patching) and ambient game sound can sometimes be heard after the gameclient.exe has crashed.

Most graphics settings are set to the highest.

General Specs:
Windows 7 x64
ATI 5850 (CAT 11.1 / 11.12 / 12.1)
1920x1200 Resolution Full Screen Windowed
12GB DDR3
X3350 2.66GHz Quad Core
120GB Patriot WIldfire SSD