Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
Hey,

maybe it''s just me to see not a single benefit in this thing, but when i compare my Dualconnons with these Quad Cannons the Quad seems to be completely useless - it does LESS damage than the Dual, it draws TWICE the energy and it has NO specials...

http://www.abload.de/img/phaser_canon_crapq3apm.jpg

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but in my eyes, this thing is completely useless, Is it not?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-01-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm glad I read the forums before buying the Sao Paolo!
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-01-2011, 08:12 PM
It does look that way on the Quads, but what will bring that back, will be the specific Wpns console and Doff's ability bonus (and yes, one's current skill to that area too).
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-02-2011, 03:51 AM
I ran the quad cannons on my Defiant retrofit and I am a VA Engineer Captain.

With the quad, dual cannon, Dual beam bank and Q torp all XI purple at the front and 3 phaser turrets XI purple in the rear and the right consoles and bridge officer boff's I was doing some decent damage and holding my own well at SB24, I know PvE is different to PvP.

Just my two pence worth.

Cheers
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-02-2011, 03:53 AM
Yes Quad cannons are useless. At t5 the only benefit are the visuals... and even that does not really work since you can only equip one.
Old news.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-02-2011, 03:55 AM
To bad no one complained when it was announced and seen on Tribble and all...

Oh wait, people did.

Too bad nothing happened from it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Reasons to buy the Sau Paulo

1: Your a VA and want an uber cannon...............NO

2: You like the ship skin to put on your tier 5 refit defiant.....YES

3: You have a captain level toon who could do with a nice ship with a levelling weapon to take them to Rear Admiral.....YES
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Quads need to be just like the connie phasers, the player should have the ability to equip more than one...its that simple...

on a side note, me and a fleetmate actually compared the numbers of quads with duals and dual heavy's...fully spec this is our results

quads have more damage than duals, less than dhc...that is expected

quads have slightly more dps than dhc...keep in mind that prefire chambers suck now and u need phaser relays to properly upgrade their dmg...

quads fire 2 rounds 1 sec cooldown, dc fire 4 shots 1 sec cooldown, dhc fire 1 shot 2 sec cooldown...now from this here, it would make sense that quads do less than dc over time due to the rounds it fires vs regular duals...

quads need to be able to have more equipped on one ship, being limited to one is bs...either they do that, or increase the amount of shots it does...only thing i can think of...

on a side note, they do good burst with dhc...moderate sustained dmg with duals, however still limiting when u compare one cannon to the other
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-02-2011, 11:43 AM
biggest issue for me is you can only equip 1 set now if i could equip 2-4 o my defiants forward arc that'll be cool.

Also they appear to be commanfer level.
Closed Thread