Lt. Commander
# 1 Gorn DOffs
12-01-2011, 07:17 PM
When I transferred my character to Tribble, I bought all the Gorn DOffs that were available from achieving Diplomat ranking because my BOff was also a Gorn to maintain a "Gorn" theme.
But now that the DOffs are available on Holodeck, I'm noticing a few Gorn DOffs are missing, such as a Conn Officer, a Doctor, and a Warp Theorist.
Were they removed for some reason?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Diplomacy, as well as the other commendation category stores, were shuffled around for various reasons, mostly to get an appropriate(r) balance of specializations, but also for other reasons. There were some casualties in the process, unfortunately.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Will there be another shuffling?
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Lau
Will there be another shuffling?
There are currently no additional changes planned, but I obviously can't categorically rule it out as we see how the system is used in a live environment.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-02-2011, 01:08 PM
I think the only thing I find disappointing about the doff shuffle is the loss of the unique high-level blue and purple reward doffs that had fun little quotes that gave them personality. Are the new commendation doff rewards choices more useful? Yes, but they're less fun.

On Tribble I got a blue Gorn doctor from Diplomacy that said this in his bio:
"Embrace your pain, the dead feel nothing."

I loved that guy.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-02-2011, 02:13 PM
There are no more purple Andorian DOffs at all for Commendation Tier awards, if that makes you feel better.

Which makes me a sad panda. I was trying to do a primarily Andorian-themed crew.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-02-2011, 10:45 PM
I just spent some time looking through the Doff store FED side (absolutely love the fact that I can buy some more via dilithium, being Tier 4 in Diplo I picked up one of each of the blue and purples) and I noticed that most of the Colonial and Development Doffs and some of the green Diplo Doffs have the fun little quotes in their Item Information So either they haven't been added to every commendation Doff yet, or something is keeping them from being displayed.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presticus View Post
I think the only thing I find disappointing about the doff shuffle is the loss of the unique high-level blue and purple reward doffs that had fun little quotes that gave them personality. Are the new commendation doff rewards choices more useful? Yes, but they're less fun.

On Tribble I got a blue Gorn doctor from Diplomacy that said this in his bio:
"Embrace your pain, the dead feel nothing."

I loved that guy.
Me too.

There was also this Orion Conn officer that had a rather interesting quote.