Lt. Commander
# 21
12-02-2011, 04:28 PM
im thinking of making a "tv show defiant" by using the (forward) a beam array, quad cannon, photon torp and quantum torp. (rear) beam array, photon torp, quantum torp.

op?
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
im thinking of making a "tv show defiant" by using the (forward) a beam array, quad cannon, photon torp and quantum torp. (rear) beam array, photon torp, quantum torp.

op?
nope, fine, except swap out the photons for a quantum torp (front) and quantum mines (rear). Then you'll have a "canon" build.

As to the quad cannons themselves, yeah. they're not any more powerful, they just look cooler.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Naah....

I wouldnt set the phaser beam array in the front.
Beside the fact that it was hardly used... ever... the 1,5 instances it WAS used were NOT during a frontal attack.
So I'd put it in the back, it still has 250 degrees arc.
Together with 1 photon torpedp and 1 mine launcher.
The front would have 2 quantum launchers (no photon as far as I remember the quads and...well... no idea for the 4th slot.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Naah....

I wouldnt set the phaser beam array in the front.
Beside the fact that it was hardly used... ever... the 1,5 instances it WAS used were NOT during a frontal attack.
So I'd put it in the back, it still has 250 degrees arc.
Together with 1 photon torpedp and 1 mine launcher.
The front would have 2 quantum launchers (no photon as far as I remember the quads and...well... no idea for the 4th slot.
thats why i was thinking of the beam array in front. to take up that extra slot. although a third quantum torp might be fun as well lol.

hmm i could have sworn it used photons in front but i seem to mostly remember the rear photon weapons. hmm...
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-03-2011, 04:13 AM
To get a more "canon" feel of my Defiant, I fought my PvP Training Foundry mission with a single Quad Cannon. (Unfortunately, I didn't have Quantums or Beam Arrays with me).

Combat was a little slow. But still not really hard, still too many healing powers for that. But the extended time it took me to take down enemy ships gave me the opportunity to enjoy the graphics more. I think it's pretty neat,b ut in the usual 6 weapons-firing blaze of glory, you don't see this kind of detail.

The Quads look good, I like the sound (though they are not quite canon). But I hate that I have to combine them with other weapons to actually have a functional build. (ANd I doubt they are actually good weapons, but I'd take a subpar weapon in my build if it lets me sound and look cooler.)
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-03-2011, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
To get a more "canon" feel of my Defiant, I fought my PvP Training Foundry mission with a single Quad Cannon. (Unfortunately, I didn't have Quantums or Beam Arrays with me).

Combat was a little slow. But still not really hard, still too many healing powers for that. But the extended time it took me to take down enemy ships gave me the opportunity to enjoy the graphics more. I think it's pretty neat,b ut in the usual 6 weapons-firing blaze of glory, you don't see this kind of detail.

The Quads look good, I like the sound (though they are not quite canon). But I hate that I have to combine them with other weapons to actually have a functional build. (ANd I doubt they are actually good weapons, but I'd take a subpar weapon in my build if it lets me sound and look cooler.)
yeah i dont quite understand why you cant have multiples of it on a single ship... id still it rather have been a console that just makes any duel cannon fire in quad graphics....
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
thats why i was thinking of the beam array in front. to take up that extra slot. although a third quantum torp might be fun as well lol.

hmm i could have sworn it used photons in front but i seem to mostly remember the rear photon weapons. hmm...
I thing a front beam would take a lot out of the "Defaint feeling"... lot more then... if nothing else helps... a usual dual cannon... But thats just my opinion...
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-03-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm lolling against all those lolquad users now ^^

Damn did I feel that gank just last match.. p3w p3w sound made my ears hurt.

I tried them myselvezz against PvE NPC's and it was pure awesomeness. Bonus defense = 0 -> Dmg x4 Pwns CrtH/Dx3 in PVP man !! it ROXXXXXXXX NAO!!
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-04-2011, 06:08 AM
Why don't we just throw pillows at each other so no one gets hurt. That may be the only solution to satisfy the whiners. Buncha sissies i tell ya.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-04-2011, 06:43 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
Damn did I feel that gank just last match.. p3w p3w sound made my ears hurt.
Quads firing sounds like someone banging a high tension steel cable with a metal rod to me.

I found them fun to look at, capable of performance and enjoyable - but not OP.
Closed Thread