Lt. Commander
# 1 New ESD Feedback
12-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Structural Design; Good changes to the structural design, but makes some rooms feel a bit too big or sparse, maybe consider adding more NPCs/Consoles/Crates to some of the empty spaces.
(Ditto for DS9 ship area)

Lighting; I *really* like the switch from the older feel to the newer post-nemesis feel, but some areas are a few lumens/shades too dark and could use a little boost. Just a bit mind you.

New Icons; After seeing them up close I realize where you guys are trying to go with this, but I'd suggest (beg really) that you de-saturate the colors of the bounding signs (The red/blue/etc part that contains the arrows) for a more slightly subtle feel, and slightly de-cartoonize the icons.

As they are now they come off as garish.

I think the simplicity is fine, they just need to feel more computerized and less hand drawn.
The main icon that suffers from this is the shipyard icon, the rest would only need some touching up.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-01-2011, 03:07 PM
personaly i think esd/k7 and a lot of other graphical changes are far inferior to season 4,esd looks awful,k7 even worse,i liked the ambient lighting before now it looks empty and dull
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-of-8
personaly i think esd/k7 and a lot of other graphical changes are far inferior to season 4,esd looks awful,k7 even worse,i liked the ambient lighting before now it looks empty and dull
I'd be willing to bet that a little tweaking would really bring it into balance and pull it together.

I'm afraid they may have sparsified a bit to appeal to low end system users among the new Silvers, but I'm hoping they can use some tricks to re-balance the lights a tad and fill the space a bit better without impacting performance.

When Foundry comes back up, if they have the new ESD as an available map maybe I'll fiddle with the lights, add some props, and photo-shop the screen-shots to show what I'd like to see done.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Too dark?? I swear my ESD was much brighter and lacking all effects like club 47 very boring now and way way to bright everywhere something bugged? I miss the old station i do however like the icons above the toons. The walls not so much it loses all trek feel for such a major zone
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-02-2011, 10:16 AM
I like all the changes to ESD, however the signs could do with a Metal Frame around them to have them fit the style of ESD.

Oh and does anyone else thing Requisitions looks kind of bare now?
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-02-2011, 10:25 AM
esd in general doesnt look as sharp and crisp as it does on tribble
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-02-2011, 10:38 AM
I actually HATED the lighting in S4 ESD. I REALLY like how it is now.

I guess I'm the only one without any real complaints?
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMax View Post
I actually HATED the lighting in S4 ESD. I REALLY like how it is now.

I guess I'm the only one without any real complaints?

The lighting I like in general, myself, but I miss a lot of the bits they removed that gave it a more lived-in look.

It's the little things, like the structural supports and such that were removed, and something I really miss is the catwalk above the admiral's office area, out in front. I liked hanging up there when there would be crowds underneath asking where the admiral's office is, just across from the office with the sign above it >_<

I feel ESD needs more floorspace not just on the main deck, but on platforms at varying heights. It gets awfully crowded when major updates hit, and if they do indeed draw a large group for the first few months of F2P then I think having such reachable platforms and catwalks will help those of us who don't want to deal with the crowds wandering around.

Or if we just want to hang out, I suppose.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-02-2011, 02:49 PM
I don't like those silly little directional signs. They look like GIFs to me.

Otherwise everything looks great. Like how they toned down the lighting at Quarks for that bar and lounge feel.