Lt. Commander
# 11 Thx for the support
12-02-2011, 06:33 AM
After many attempts I have found a skill balance that is workable but not palatable. Seems that I'll need to respec for certain mision though. Still feel the powers are too expensive as there is no way to improve myself (only respect) and there are skills holes I did not have before. I am also displeased that the year of emblem hoarding I had intended to refit my fleet with was so badly penalized (dilithium taxed). Sure glad I spent on the key ones before I lost them. I see no need to use my mountain of Dilithium though. I am extremely glad of the feedback all gave and that this forum hosts as it provided deep insight (very helpful). Whatever weaknesses the game has I certianly appreciate it's main strength, the players! All who responded, again, thanks, I now feel the dagger is out of my heart (LOL)
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I'm having no issues and after weeks of Tribble testing the new skills the new tree itself offers no design issues that I can see.
Sacrifices will have to be made to be able to spec out those T5 skills in a manner we once enjoyed.
A 9-7-7-8-whatever is left over gives at least (2) 9's & (2) 5's approach works if you are just intersted in space combat. If you wish to go ground as well then you may have to wait until the new ground tree is in place as currently it drains too many points for a well rounded character that is viable for both PvE and PvP.

All in All, I think the changes where meant to slow the game down considerably while still allowing for fun gameplay. I cant speak to PvE but the 4.5-5 hours I spent in Ker'rat on both of my toons was a huge amount of fun and the gameplay still exists as it was before the changes.
My GOD MAN........ this is a close to the ROACH seal of approval as they come!
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-02-2011, 10:07 AM
I almost feel dirty saying this, but all in all, i kinda like the new skill tree.
* ducks & runs*
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-02-2011, 10:19 AM
You are not alone...although I lost all gains for the ground skills. and took a 10 to 15% increasement for space. As someone said here....sacrifices are to be made.

*sigh*
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
I almost feel dirty saying this, but all in all, i kinda like the new skill tree.
* ducks & runs*
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKRider
My GOD MAN........ this is a close to the ROACH seal of approval as they come!
I wouldn't say seal of aprproval - there are still bugs to fix and the KDF is still without a complete PvE storyline content, but I'm not finding the issues that others are in bringing thier builds over to the new tree.

My having no issues with the new skill tree is still limited to my PoV and the builds I use and certainly does not reflect the experience of others.

I would imagine that like in the old system where certain builds could not be speced into well, the same thing will be found in the new skill tree. Some builds may no longer work.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
* ducks & runs*
I too, am satisfied with the new skill tree so far, although I dislike the fact I'll have to again fiddle around with it when the ground portion comes...hope they float us a few more points for that as well.
What I really like about it is it allows for swapping energy weapons types and ships without doing another respec everytime, which let's me fly different ships to meet certain roles in different missions and to experiment with different weapon loadouts without loss of overall performance of those weapons.
Yeah, you have to maybe make some sacrifices in one skill to gain in another, but you had to do that before as well.
Lt. Commander
# 17 All good things Get Nerfed
12-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Yes it is a tragic end to this Game for me, I don't care for the "NEW" skill tree at all. I really don't understand what some people were thinking when they came up with this garbage. What bothers me the most is some people actually see something good in this, I suppose those same people if delivered a bucket of horse poop would start looking for the pony. This is terrible and not well thought out, with the increase in cost of skills I can not in anyway come close to what skills I had previously. I too feel cheated and backstabbed as well. I have been keeping track of the developments on tribble and I was aware of some sweeping changes but had no clue as to how badly we would be nerfed with this new build. If there is anyway to get a refund even a partial refund I would like to find the info on that.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-02-2011, 12:55 PM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiselhead View Post
What bothers me the most is some people actually see something good in this, I suppose those same people if delivered a bucket of horse poop would start looking for the pony.
Quote:
I have been keeping track of the developments on tribble and I was aware of some sweeping changes but had no clue as to how badly we would be nerfed with this new build.
Send the poop, my roses need fertilizing.

Why didn't you test the changes yourself on tribble, rather than just watch?
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
I too, am satisfied with the new skill tree so far, although I dislike the fact I'll have to again fiddle around with it when the ground portion comes...hope they float us a few more points for that as well.
What I really like about it is it allows for swapping energy weapons types and ships without doing another respec everytime, which let's me fly different ships to meet certain roles in different missions and to experiment with different weapon loadouts without loss of overall performance of those weapons.
Yeah, you have to maybe make some sacrifices in one skill to gain in another, but you had to do that before as well.
Its not perfectly smooth in the transition between ship types everytime.
I made a B'rel build that is only good in a b"rel, so its possible to speciliazer to the point of being stuck, but only if you do it purposefully or your build is just that so specialized.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiselhead View Post
Yes it is a tragic end to this Game for me, I don't care for the "NEW" skill tree at all. I really don't understand what some people were thinking when they came up with this garbage. What bothers me the most is some people actually see something good in this, I suppose those same people if delivered a bucket of horse poop would start looking for the pony. This is terrible and not well thought out, with the increase in cost of skills I can not in anyway come close to what skills I had previously. I too feel cheated and backstabbed as well. I have been keeping track of the developments on tribble and I was aware of some sweeping changes but had no clue as to how badly we would be nerfed with this new build. If there is anyway to get a refund even a partial refund I would like to find the info on that.
Well something made the horse s*** and it certainly wasn't me so a Pony is as good a place to start looking as any, don't you think?

Yes, I do like the new Skill Tree.