Lt. Commander
# 1 Character Select Screen
12-03-2011, 10:27 PM
The new character select screen looks great! ... When are we going to see our bridges represented in the same way? Scaled correctly and cleaned up...

When I logged on today, I was excited because I saw the character select screen and it looked like the bridges had been revamped, I couldn't wait to see my bridge! Imagine my disappointment when they had done nothing to clean those bridges up and put them on par with what I see on my character select screen.

Can we please get that kind of attention on our bridges?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-03-2011, 10:28 PM
I second this - the exact same thought ran through my mind. What a disappointment to find the improvements went no further than the character select screen.

It baffles me why there are so many choices of colour schemes (hence multiple variations of problems to fix with regards to BOff seating, etc) for each bridge type. I can't imagine the Royal Navy saying to a new Captain - "Go on there, Captain, you tell us what decor you want in there."

Lt. Commander
# 3
12-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
I second this - the exact same thought ran through my mind. What a disappointment to find the improvements went no further than the character select screen.

It baffles me why there are so many choices of colour schemes (hence multiple variations of problems to fix with regards to BOff seating, etc) for each bridge type. I can't imagine the Royal Navy saying to a new Captain - "Go on there, Captain, you tell us what decor you want in there."

Actually, the color scheme thing makes things easy to fix, as once they make one 'correct' bridge, they just need to change the colors and all the bridges of the core style are fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
Actually, the color scheme thing makes things easy to fix, as once they make one 'correct' bridge, they just need to change the colors and all the bridges of the core style are fixed.
I know, but it still means roughly 4 exports for every bridge instead of just one. That'll mean loads of turning layers on and off, basically 4 times the mouse clicks and quality control than they would need if they just stuck to one good-looking style per class of ship.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Quote:
I know, but it still means roughly 4 exports for every bridge instead of just one. That'll mean loads of turning layers on and off, basically 4 times the mouse clicks and quality control than they would need if they just stuck to one good-looking style per class of ship.
maybe.. but if they have the 'master designer' redo the bridges, they can have a junior member do the re-coloring.

I do use differently colored bridges depending on the color scheme of my ship. Also, different bridges have different places where BOFFs sit or stand.. Plus, some of them do have some differences (like the Alpha, Beta, and Gamma bridges). They're not *just* re-colorations.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
maybe.. but if they have the 'master designer' redo the bridges, they can have a junior member do the re-coloring.

I do use differently colored bridges depending on the color scheme of my ship. Also, different bridges have different places where BOFFs sit or stand.. Plus, some of them do have some differences (like the Alpha, Beta, and Gamma bridges). They're not *just* re-colorations.
I know those Alpha, Beta and Gamma bridges are a bit different, not just re-colourings, but it seems to me that most if not all of the other bridge packs contain three or four of the same thing with different colour schemes. If I'm wrong on that I apologise.

The thing with having a junior memeber do the recolouring, he would have to be instructed by the senior memeber on how the layers and things have been labelled so it would probably be quicker for the senior guy who did them in the first place to do them again, as he'll know his own naming conventions for layers and things.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-05-2011, 04:48 AM
Quote:
I know those Alpha, Beta and Gamma bridges are a bit different, not just re-colourings, but it seems to me that most if not all of the other bridge packs contain three or four of the same thing with different colour schemes. If I'm wrong on that I apologise.

The thing with having a junior memeber do the recolouring, he would have to be instructed by the senior memeber on how the layers and things have been labelled so it would probably be quicker for the senior guy who did them in the first place to do them again, as he'll know his own naming conventions for layers and things.
Actually, while some of the bridges do seem to be direct copy/recolors (like the Defiant bridges), there are a lot of bridges that are different from each other, even in the same packs. The Galaxy Bridges have slightly different captain seating areas and different placement of the navigation seats. A lot of the KDF bridges have vastly different support placements and other decorations (The Negh'var pack has many changes between bridges. None are identical).

I still think if they had a 'master designer' and then a Junior artist who was able to layer the colors on themselves, that still would be more efficient perhaps. I really have no clue though.