Lt. Commander
I noticed my Defiant R has the cloak in an extra engineering console. I don't really use the cloak that much, so I took it off and threw in a better console. I'll keep the cloak in my inventory just in case.

I made my Defiant into the Sao Paolo anyway. Here's my layout, sorry I forget some of the names:

Fore Weapons:
Quantum Torpedo Mk XI (Purple)
Quad Phase Cannon
Heavy Dual Phaser Cannon Mk XI (Purple)
Heavy Dual Phaser Cannon Mk XI (Purple)

Aft Weapons:
Quantum Torpedo Mk XI (Purple)
Heavy Phaser Turret Mk XI (Purple)
Heavy Phaser Turret Mk XI (Purple)

Shields, Impulse Engine, Deflector Dish: Aegis Set

Engineer Console:
Field Generator Mk XI (Blue)
SIF Generator Mk XI (Blue)
Inertial Dampener Mk XI (Blue)

Science Consoles:
Biofunction Monitor Mk XI (Blue)
Point Defense System Turret

Tactical Consoles:
Zero Point Quantum Chamber Mk XI (Blue)
Warhead Yield Chamber Mk XI (Blue)
Prefire Chamber Mk XI (Blue)
Impulse Capacitance Cell

I think that's right. What do you all think about it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Mostly a solid build. You will have better DPS and defense by changing the following:

Engineer Console:
SIF Generator Mk XI (Blue) --> Neutronium Alloy
Inertial Dampener Mk XI (Blue) --> EPS Flow Regulator

Science Consoles:
Biofunction Monitor Mk XI (Blue) --> Assimilated module
Point Defense System Turret --> Impulse Capacitance Cell

Tactical Consoles:
Zero Point Quantum Chamber Mk XI (Blue) --> Phaser Relay XI (Blue)/ Zero Point Quantum Chamber Mk XI (Blue
Warhead Yield Chamber Mk XI (Blue) --> Phaser Relay XI (Blue)
Prefire Chamber Mk XI (Blue) --> Phaser Relay XI (Blue)
Impulse Capacitance Cell --> Phaser Relay XI (Blue)

If you do the math, each Phaer Relay nets you approximately 12% damage. WIth even 3 Relays you're getting 36% damage all the time. The assimilated Relay gives you a lot of perks including +5 to weapons. Probably the best power bonus console in the game now since the latest patch. Plus you could get some of the "Legacy" borg set items for very little time/cost by doing the special task force missions. You could then run the borg engines and console for an extra hull heal and 10% bonus to your defense from the Aegis.

As for the Zero Point Quantum Chamber, IF you really think the extra punch is worth it go for it, but you have to figure that your beams and cannons are active prolly 90% of the time in one form or another on target. Just my 2 cents.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph.B
Mostly a solid build. You will have better DPS and defense by changing the following:

Engineer Console:
SIF Generator Mk XI (Blue) --> Neutronium Alloy
Inertial Dampener Mk XI (Blue) --> EPS Flow Regulator

Science Consoles:
Biofunction Monitor Mk XI (Blue) --> Assimilated module
Point Defense System Turret --> Impulse Capacitance Cell

Tactical Consoles:
Zero Point Quantum Chamber Mk XI (Blue) --> Phaser Relay XI (Blue)/ Zero Point Quantum Chamber Mk XI (Blue
Warhead Yield Chamber Mk XI (Blue) --> Phaser Relay XI (Blue)
Prefire Chamber Mk XI (Blue) --> Phaser Relay XI (Blue)
Impulse Capacitance Cell --> Phaser Relay XI (Blue)

If you do the math, each Phaer Relay nets you approximately 12% damage. WIth even 3 Relays you're getting 36% damage all the time. The assimilated Relay gives you a lot of perks including +5 to weapons. Probably the best power bonus console in the game now since the latest patch. Plus you could get some of the "Legacy" borg set items for very little time/cost by doing the special task force missions. You could then run the borg engines and console for an extra hull heal and 10% bonus to your defense from the Aegis.

As for the Zero Point Quantum Chamber, IF you really think the extra punch is worth it go for it, but you have to figure that your beams and cannons are active prolly 90% of the time in one form or another on target. Just my 2 cents.
Are the Phaser relays percentage based now? If so 3 x + 12% isn't +36%. its + 40.5%. Unless they have enacted a LDR into the formula.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Thanks! I have all the Borg components already. I think I'll follow some of your suggestions. Definitely the Phaser Relays, I'll put those in tonight, as well as possibly the Assimilated Module. The others I'll see about doing as well if I can afford them.