Lt. Commander
I'm leveling a new character and I just played the P'Jem mission(Diplomatic Delivery) and the shuttle flight sequence on Vulcan is super jerky. I'm not talking about the video itself, I'm talking about the shuttle's movement. It looks terrible and you might want to touch that up before a bunch of new people see it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwardo_Cullen
I'm leveling a new character and I just played the P'Jem mission(Diplomatic Delivery) and the shuttle flight sequence on Vulcan is super jerky. I'm not talking about the video itself, I'm talking about the shuttle's movement. It looks terrible and you might want to touch that up before a bunch of new people see it.
heh.. that's been like that since day one...

I think the Benzite Co-Pilot has been snorting Romulan Ale through his face mister thingy.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-02-2011, 11:59 AM
originally i found it quite smooth

I have heard reports of the scroll/zoom being jerky...it could be an all round camera jerking issue whihc is why it also effects the camera that tracks the shuttle.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Yeah, it's been like that since they added that intro to the mission. It really looks bad and they should consider redoing it and when doing so widening the turns so that it looks better.

Lt. Commander
# 5
12-02-2011, 12:12 PM
They have to go in and manually tell the shuttle to "move here" and then "turn like this". The smoother it is, the more waypoints and turns they have to add it in order to give it the appearance you guys are asking for.

Does it look jerky? Yep. Is it a big deal? Only if you care about such things.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnin View Post
They have to go in and manually tell the shuttle to "move here" and then "turn like this". The smoother it is, the more waypoints and turns they have to add it in order to give it the appearance you guys are asking for.

..and god forbid we should expect most things in this game too look professionally done. :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
..and god forbid we should expect most things in this game too look professionally done. :p
I know right? I've seen player made videos done in the in game recording tool that look smooth, so the professionals should be able to do it too.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnin View Post
It does show a lack of polish. After playing through that mission over a dozen times in the past 4 months I still smile thinking about the poor crew getting thrown around inside.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
It does show a lack of polish. After playing through that mission over a dozen times in the past 4 months I still smile thinking about the poor crew getting thrown around inside.
I'm surprised that Sokketh doesn't immediately demand that they land the thing and let him off... <chuckle>