Lt. Commander
# 31
12-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701 View Post
OMG bug reports fix nothing!!! Seriously people have filed MANY bug reports and the only ones that get any attention are the one's that people make because they're too much of a ***** to handle curse words in zone chat lol.

Oh ffs ***** get's censored?
you mean ****?
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
you mean ****?
I mean *****. Like ****ing **** *** ***** *** *****.

Are you ****ing kidding me? ****ing gets censored all the way up to the ing? Lmfao Cryptic, lmfao.
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701 View Post
I mean *****. Like ****ing **** *** ***** *** *****.
Shouldnt they call it

Season 5: Call to Hax?
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-02-2011, 09:18 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Q
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
First of all, that isnt going to happen. However to a hypothetical person who wants less respawn points on a map my suggestion would be if they die they can simply abort the mission and then start over. That way they get what they hypothetically want, and people who dont want that will be able to spawn closer to where they died. Win/win.
Anything is possible. Nobody can say with any certainty that Cryptic will or will not change an aspect of this game at a given point from now till lights off.

Though I agree with your hypothetical solution sadly I do not think it would work.

During the DP debates that is exactly what I proposed.. People who wanted punishments should implement them against themselves.. That way they could be punished exactly how they wanted.

Example:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=89204&page=47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
Why not test your own idea?

Each time you die, fly back to the starbase. Once there you can not do any task which gains you skill points for 15 minutes. Do this for a week and document how you feel as you do not gain skill points for 15 minutes after each death. Collect this data for a week, then come back to the forums and post your experiences.

Make sure to explain how your self-imposed 15-minute-no-skill-points-penaly made the game more fun for you. Please also describe how you think that by imposing your system it will make the game more fun for everybody.

Do this and you have a chance at getting your idea in the game.

I look forward to seeing your results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormianRootSolver
You know very well that it doesn't work like that.

The DP would add another, very important, dimension to the game and to the tactics. At the moment, death is just 15 seconds of getting yourself a fresh bottle of mineral water until the respawn timer is over. It can even be used as a tactical maneuver (as in "yeah, lets do this mission that is too hard for me anyway, I'll simply kill the damn birds of prey one by one, because if they kill me I will LOL").

And the reasoning for any penalty timer would be that death would not be a "tactic" anymore.

I fully agree, btw, that there should be no harsh DP of any kind, but the mild idea I presented here should be well balanced.

Your "argument" is, therefore, rejected.
Needless to say not a single pro-DP person gave the idea of self-flagellation any thought and demanded Cryptic be the one to punish them, and I posted the "Create your own DP" post to a lot of them back then.

I think that asking people to punish themselves if they want it badly enough, though logical, would not be accepted as a valid solution. Sorta like telling people who want to make the game better to join Cryptic's QA team.

Lt. Commander
# 36
12-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
I think that asking people to punish themselves if they want it badly enough, though logical, would not be accepted as a valid solution. Sorta like telling people who want to make the game better to join Cryptic's QA team.
LOL, no. Those 2 situations have nothing to do with one another. One(the single spawn point issue) is a matter of a person being so egotistic as to think that their own personal preferences should be forced upon the entire playerbase. The other is simply a customer wanting the product they are paying for to improve. A customer should not be obligated to do the work they are paying someone else to do. However if someone already has the ability to make something happen in game that they want(such as aborting a mission and starting over each time they die), then insisting that it should happen to everyone else even though they do not want it to is egotism in the extreme.

All of that said, the point is apparently moot as the Dev responses in this thread suggest that if people report those maps the issue will be addressed. And the fact that all of the episodic maps are made with multiple spawn points shows that is the intent regardless of the errant cluster maps.
Lt. Commander
# 37
12-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post

All of that said, the point is apparently moot as the Dev responses in this thread suggest that if people report those maps the issue will be addressed. And the fact that all of the episodic maps are made with multiple spawn points shows that is the intent regardless of the errant cluster maps.
That part I agree with. The first part I cut, I both agree and disagree but we have already had enough fun debating this evening.

Though you seemed to have dodged the whole "How do we determine the current majority and when and how often do their demands outweigh the opposite ones from the old majority?" question.. It is the weekend so I will drop it as I want to play with my new Doffs.

o/

Lt. Commander
# 38
12-03-2011, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwardo_Cullen
Just did a star cluster mission that takes place on a RIDICULOUSLY long station interior. Got to the last group and died. And guess what? Whoever made that mission didnt think to place any respawn points besides the one you start at. Please tell me that person isnt still working on the team.
Sounds like you've never had to play many MMOs--ever done a corpse run in WoW, EQ (esp. hard), SWG, etc?
Lt. Commander
# 39
12-03-2011, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Sounds like you've never had to play many MMOs--ever done a corpse run in WoW, EQ (esp. hard), SWG, etc?
Or Vanguard? Oh my word! Best pack a lunch if you die in that lol
Lt. Commander
# 40
12-03-2011, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
Or Vanguard? Oh my word! Best pack a lunch if you die in that lol
Or Freelancer....If you flew through 15 Systems, and then got jumped by someone, If you Died, You went all the way back to the last Launch Point. This one is much better than that by far.