Lt. Commander
# 1 Borg STFs
12-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Is it just me or do these SUCK?

I really wanted the 4 part Borg ship set and managed to get the assimilated console pre update. However now those 3 missions have been split into 6 parts. I finished ` infected` ground and space and got 1 EDC. I then find out to get 1 part of the borg set will cost me 15 EDCs. So I now have to run each whole mission 45 times to get what would have taken 3 runs before.?

Welcome to grind city. Not quite what I had pictured for an exciting new update..

Oh and I just LOVE the new 1 hour BAN for quitting the STF after the Boss on `cure` jumped up and down on our collective heads for the Nth time. I mean it's not like I am running round with level 1 gear although I may as well of been tbh....
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I started a thread that said about the same thing for tribble I think about 3 weeks ago. Apparently they just didn't have the manpower to keep up both old and new STFs, my response (although in the other thread I dropped it after that) then drop these grinding pieces of junk, please. I am sure there are many out there that would disagree with me, just my thoughts and besides I don't expect to see the old STFs again, so not like it really matters.

If I had the choice though, I would never play these new ones and only play the old ones.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Yes the new STF are now grind missions...
For a Full M.A.C.O. Ground Set MK XI i have to play the stf 120 times.
And the Elite....omg i died more then 30 times after 45 min... weve finished it, but u only have 15 min
for the optional.

Cryptik u realy want that we grind for new items?
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Look at it this way....so that 120 times would have only been 60 time before the split. Now you can also just do either cure or infected space over and over....which are waaaay easier than before on normal. So yeah, it takes longer to get cooler stuff, but maybe it should have taken longer before. And with the cool down changed, you can probably get 6-10 of them done in a couple hours!
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-02-2011, 10:42 PM
I dunno about that. I've been trying to get the STF's done for ground gear, and the teams i'm on for infected always gets to the last chamber no problem on elite or normal, BUT once there the room seems to spawn borg pretty quickly so a lot of people end up rage quitting leaving the rest of us S.O.L. So yeah, by making the whole thing an insane grind (i'm going for MK as any thing less is useless with my current gear) it just seems a bit excessive. ESPECIALLY with the MkXII being protoype items only.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-02-2011, 11:32 PM
can i unlock the ground armours after 1 time playing plox... dont want to do them another 119 times for the stuffz.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-03-2011, 05:36 AM
I don't know why we can't have them running alongside each other, as long as things were tweeked ever so slightly.

Why not have the full original runs of the Stfs run as a featured episode type of series. From which you can get the Borg ship parts (you could make all the parts of the set unique for balance)

you could even add a unique Borg ground set to this 'series'

You then make omega/maco/honour stronger then the Borg set and allow people to grind out to their hearts content.

No one is ever going to say the old stfs were perfect, however meeting up with random people and doing a long mission together was one of the most fun parts of this game.

There are also so mamy players on here who would have really got to know members of their fleet through stfs that to take out the full missions just seems silly
Lt. Commander
# 8 Easy Mode? Pfft yeah right
12-03-2011, 09:26 AM
So I played `Cure` ground and got to Armek....

I have some pretty nice mark x and xi gear as did the rest of my team. We managed to get him to about 50% health one time.

WTF is that attack he uses? Some sort of AOE Nuke attack that killed ALL of us in 2 hits maximum. And thats not taking into account what I assume is some sort of `Giant Laser cannon of DEATH` (TM) firing at random around the arena.

Oh yeah and thank you Cryptic for the Forcefields which kept locking team members out of the fight if you were like 1 nanosecond too slow to get inside with everyone else. I just love that if you die now you rez OUTSIDE of the boss area.

I`ve found that if more than two of you die theres zero chance of team mates dodging regenerating Borg/defense cannons/giant frickin lasers to heal you. The only option is for them to commit mass Hari-kiri and for the whole team to rez and start all over again.

That's really the best option they can come up with? I'd love to have been in on that design meeting.

DEV. ONE `Hey Guys lets add a new easy mode (waggles fingers) to those Borg STFs`

DEV. TWO `ooh ok that sounds cool. What shall we reward then with if they complete it?`

DEV. THREE `Umm how about a token that they can swap for really cool gear?`

DEV. ONE `yeah that sounds good.So what kind of stuff we talking about?`

DEV. TWO `well... umm OOH how about say a RIFLE thats got the word BORG in its description`

DEV. THREE `ok,ok and how good is this rifle?`

DEV. TWO `umm a bit better than the one they already have?`

DEV.ONE `like it, like it... sooo shall we say ooh maybe 5 of these tokens for 1 rifle?`

DEV. TWO `yeah sounds good, I mean they are SO rad whose gonna object to running it 5 times for a really COOL RIFLE`?

DEV. THREE `But what happens if they die mid fight?`

DEV. ONE `Well we could allow them to rez in a safe area so they can heal and get back into the fight?`

DEV. TWO `nahhh why would we want to do that? Screw em .. make em rez outside a FORCEFIELD`

DEV. THREE `Why would we do that?`

DEV. ONE `Well... if a few of them die the others will all have to die on PURPOSE so that the team can get back to full health`

DEV. TWO `(snicker) that's pretty funny`

DEV. ONE `All in favour raise your hands`

(full show of hands)

DEV. ONE `Yeah UNAMIMOUS.. `UH , UH .. I RULE` (does a little victory dance`
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-03-2011, 05:55 PM
I can see most of my fleet burning out and giving up on stfs.

after we had our set we used to run them for fun.

Now it feels like a full time job.
Frankly if a noob gets through infected for the first time they should get the borg engine..its not like its mk xii.

make em work for the maco set....then again 360 standard runs to get the mk xi set.....wow most players will be playing swtor by then.

Season 5: GRIND TILL YOU DIE

Come on cryptic I thought STO is supposed to cater to players other than the ones who play 8 hours a day, every day, all year round.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydude1969
Whinefest
Okay, before you have a stroke about this, you might want to consider the fact that you're probably not executing the fight properly. This fight actually revolves around a few basic mechanics.

Try http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_The_Cure/Walkthrough . It's a little out of date, but the strategy is still more or less the same except that Armek doesn't seem to move anymore.

Also, I didn't see it mentioned in the strat, but I've noticed that if multiple people try to get inside his shield, he will kick everyone out and proceed to nuke you. Only the tank/medic should stay inside.