Lt. Commander
# 1 Signs in ESD
12-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Season 5 - The signs in ESD are grose. Very poorly designed. Bring back the ones you had before.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motie
Season 5 - The signs in ESD are grose. Very poorly designed. Bring back the ones you had before.
I agree. They look like something my 12 year old daughter made. Horrible, completely ruins any immersion when visiting ESD and makes STO seem like a cartoon.

I HATE THEM!!! PLEASE REMOVE THEM! I know I'm not the only one, because there have been several threads dedicated to this issue in the last couple of weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-01-2011, 10:38 PM
i have to disagree, i rather like the signs you can see them from a far away distance. I have no problem with them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-01-2011, 10:40 PM
I just don't get it. If they don't act on this much feedback there is something seriously wrong.

Okay, maybe I do get it, they have to stand out for the noobs, but we were all noobs once, and we found our way around. I am concerned this game is being compromised too much for the 'incoming hordes' and that you are shunning the true fans who will be around long after the noobs have moved onto the next F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-01-2011, 10:47 PM
They are definitely ugly. I understand they want new players to be able to find where they are going, but they can still accomplish that without using cartoons.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish1
I just don't get it. If they don't act on this much feedback there is something seriously wrong.

Okay, maybe I do get it, they have to stand out for the noobs, but we were all noobs once, and we found our way around. I am concerned this game is being compromised too much for the 'incoming hordes' and that you are shunning the true fans who will be around long after the noobs have moved onto the next F2P.
Yeah, we did tell them about this well before it went live.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, updating the map icons will help so much more. Mousing over an icon and it saying "Tailor" or "Bridge Officer Requisitions" will help so much more. Newbies wont care who Ensign Whatshisname is, they'll care about what he can do for them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-01-2011, 10:49 PM
We tried to tell them... On the forums, http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=241290, on twitter... even on Facebook...

They were worse originally, but not anywhere close to a true improovement.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
We tried to tell them... On the forums, http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=241290, on twitter... even on Facebook...

They were worse originally, but not anywhere close to a true improvement.
They need to get rid of the Neon Green and Dark Blue backgrounds for one thing...

Neither is conducive to being able to see the icons clearly...

Secondly, They need to use more Trek like arrows... the BIG BOLD BLACK TRIANGLES...,

...Suck.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-01-2011, 11:31 PM
The tech is already there to use a line in the environment to point the way, so why not something like this?
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-01-2011, 11:44 PM
The signs are way too small and ugly. They need to be large and LCARS for readability and immersion.