Lt. Commander
I've read lots of posts from different people talking about how PW doesnt really want to have subscriptions in the future and only has the gold option as a token gesture for LT subs. But if thats the case, why the big subscription sale going on right now? Isnt bringing new long term subscribers and LT subs into the fold contradictory to the hypothetical plan of PW that so many people keep talking about?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-02-2011, 10:15 PM
/cynicism=1

__It's a last-ditch effort to cream a few more wallets before STO peters out and dies like so many failed stars.

/cynicism=0
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-02-2011, 10:17 PM
no is to draw poeple into that low of subs and lt sub prices pwi will be happy anyways if sto can get of this stupid mess but i doubt it will last any longer after tor and gw2 comes out. the current state of this game will be for current but if things change for the better then people will be happy, a big IF that is.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turrick
no is to draw poeple into that low of subs and lt sub prices pwi will be happy anyways if sto can get of this stupid mess but i doubt it will last any longer after tor and gw2 comes out. the current state of this game will be for current but if things change for the better then people will be happy, a big IF that is.
The game sells for 8 USD retail (less in some places), and you can play it for free. I'd say STO is well and truly, permanently in a mess it's never coming out of with developers at the helm who don't care about the IP.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwardo_Cullen
I've read lots of posts from different people talking about how PW doesnt really want to have subscriptions in the future and only has the gold option as a token gesture for LT subs. But if thats the case, why the big subscription sale going on right now? Isnt bringing new long term subscribers and LT subs into the fold contradictory to the hypothetical plan of PW that so many people keep talking about?
My theory is this: They are trying to get as much money as they can fronted to them now, for when (or if) they have lots of new mission content they can develop and hire more people.

I want to be brought in as "Executive of Common Sense."
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
I want to be brought in as "Executive of Common Sense."
And I will be Executive of Common Sense's Chief Head Lobber-offer! lol
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-02-2011, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
And I will be Executive of Common Sense's Chief Head Lobber-offer! lol
Except half of this stuff wouldn't be in the game because it goes against common sense. :p