Lt. Commander
# 11
12-03-2011, 09:41 PM
Well, I still maintain that batteries shouldn't have to be a skill point investment. Consumables should maintain a flat bonus, not require us to spec into their usage to increase their effectiveness, especially when that skill could've been used to increase effectiveness of console bonuses or something instead.

It's like they said, "Hmmm, what can we put in this part of the tree? Couldn't think of anything, so let's just stick a batteries skill there."
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supreme_heretic View Post
Signs/Lighting on faction HQ hubs - Sorry Cryptic, but ESD and Qo'Nos look like a steaming pile of monkeycrap. Stop catering to the these new F2P nubcakes and go back to something that doesn't burn our eye sockets out and looks like a day care.
I haven't seen Qo'nos but the new signs on ESD look like they were designed by Playskool...

I'm not against having signs, but could they at least look like they are from the Star Trek Universe and not some Saturday morning cartoon show?
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueheart
I haven't seen Qo'nos but the new signs on ESD look like they were designed by Playskool...

I'm not against having signs, but could they at least look like they are from the Star Trek Universe and not some Saturday morning cartoon show?
Rofl! You mentioned Playskool. You rock!!! Made me spit my coffee all over the monitor, darn it!
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Quote:
New C-Store ships - Love my Sao Paulo, and the new Klink ships look awesome. Kudos on excellent ship models as always.

Dilithium Economy and Dilithium Exchange - Sorry, but on this one I say the dilithium economy sucks and I always will. I know it's your source of revenue now, but it will be the one thing that kills your game, so enjoy making money off it while you can.
Oh......so that's why they went F2P to make money through dilithium from C-Store, i wonder what gave them that idea?
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-04-2011, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Well, I still maintain that batteries shouldn't have to be a skill point investment. Consumables should maintain a flat bonus, not require us to spec into their usage to increase their effectiveness, especially when that skill could've been used to increase effectiveness of console bonuses or something instead.

It's like they said, "Hmmm, what can we put in this part of the tree? Couldn't think of anything, so let's just stick a batteries skill there."
But you can say exactly the same thing about every other skill in the game. "I don't use Energy Siphon or Tachyon Beam so why should I be forced with the option to invest points in Starship Flow Capacitors?" If you want to use batteries a lot then by make that value-judgement as to whether the bonuses are worth investing in. Cost/Benefit - that's the point of the skill tree.

Lt. Commander
# 16
12-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
But you can say exactly the same thing about every other skill in the game. "I don't use Energy Siphon or Tachyon Beam so why should I be forced with the option to invest points in Starship Flow Capacitors?" If you want to use batteries a lot then by make that value-judgement as to whether the bonuses are worth investing in. Cost/Benefit - that's the point of the skill tree.

I understand your point of view, Walshicus. I am simply saying it really places an unneeded emphasis on using a consumable. It's like sticking a hypo or energy cell skill into the ground tree, which I pray they do not.

They're flat bonus consumables for a reason, and should stay that way.