Lt. Commander
This is what your new EASY TO READ neon signs look like. I DONT LIKE THEM. I pay each month to play Star Trek. NOT TOY STORY TREK. Whether we've bought lifetime or pay monthly I want to see Star Trek. I AM NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR CRAPPY SPACE DOCK SIGNS CRYPTIC.

First of all there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with the ESD signs before hand. If you thought noobs would have a problem getting around then you should of blown up the signs and added arrows and at the very least HALF *** DECENT LOOKING plaques with that nifty little 3-d effect you were going for. Instead you put amazing looking lcars on the tutorial to the game and butcher the signs on ESD.

Its something small. or is it? Whoever is responsible for those signs should be fired. Period. I cannot tell you how horrible I feel about those signs. Am I still playing the game. Yes. Do i have to look at those signs? no. I know where i'm going. So thank god I dont have to be bothered looking up at how horrible the art is. (You couldnt come up with anything but a retarded looking piggy bank for the bank? We are in 2409 and there is a piggy bank on that very futuristic sign pointing to the bank which is THAT WAY!)

Will I continue to log in and fly my ship? The reason I continue to play is because I highly enjoy logging in to fly my ship everyday despite your dedicated neglect to the one aspect of the game I am proud to have developed a love for, P V P. I had considered buying a lifetime. But if you can't even get neon signs right then i have to reconsider? You guys are having a sale on lifetime. I was sold. But i'm not now. Is there anyone else who feels these signs are just the epitome of ridiculous?

-Captain Tripwire-

p.s.: Step your art game up Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Yep, right here. *raises hand*
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-01-2011, 09:00 PM
*Ahem* All of this was done in the Tribble forum, and trust me passonate and High voices made it clear on the what the 'look' should be like.

They did listen and came to a compromise point. Will there be further review on the sign design....if there i a sensible and reasonable vocal input.

It will get change, but for now...consider this a testing phase for public viewing and opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-01-2011, 09:04 PM
I hope they do reconsider. It seems to me that some guy at Perfect World came steaming in and said "this is how it should look, ok? No arguments, just get it uploaded now."

It's like nothing Cryptic have put out for this game before. Such a disparity in quality it beggars belief.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-01-2011, 09:15 PM
lmao great title but there is already a post started on this

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=242765

I bet PWI thought this was a great idea ever seen a chinese based gaming website? yeah pretty much looks like it is catered for a 8 year old.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-01-2011, 09:21 PM
The blasted things are ghastly, yet despite many comments ot that effect on the Tribble forums, the signs went live.

It would be much easier to update the map icons. When I need to find something in a game, I use the map, thats kinda what its there for. However you have all these icons but mouse over them you get told who that NPC is, not what they do or why you should care who they are. Sort that out, don't take good in game art and replace it with this rubbish.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Collier
When I need to find something in a game, I use the map, thats kinda what its there for. However you have all these icons but mouse over them you get told who that NPC is, not what they do.
Yeah, that really grates on my nerves. Mousing over and seeing the NPC's name doesn't help at all, does it? lol
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Wow, the rage.

In before the lock.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-02-2011, 06:58 AM
OMG so true annoying little things they are... totally out of place!

What next are we gonna receive a mission to go rescue Barney the Dinosaur from the evil clutches of the PBS Collective
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-02-2011, 07:03 AM
We´ve allready dicussed this in the tribble forums in quiete an extend, but it seems that was only a waste of time.