Lt. Commander
# 11
12-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidemand82 View Post
Voldemort old school is very active. Its likely that it never was fixed.

Yeah Jakub I heard of other players from this so called top pvp fleet using that. This only makes me more convinced.

But given that fleets history, its not that big of a surprise right ?
iT WAS REINSTATED ON THE F2P COME-OVER. I'VE HEARD FROM A LOT OF PLAYERS SAYING THEY HAVE EXTRA boFFS. ONE GUY HAD A WHOLE EXRTRA SCIENCE ON HIS MVAM.

HE IS AN HONEST PLAYER THOUGH AND SET THAT TOON ASIDE TILL FIXED.

So there is no telling what free voldies where handed out ingame by accident.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
iT WAS REINSTATED ON THE F2P COME-OVER. I'VE HEARD FROM A LOT OF PLAYERS SAYING THEY HAVE EXTRA boFFS. ONE GUY HAD A WHOLE EXRTRA SCIENCE ON HIS MVAM.

HE IS AN HONEST PLAYER THOUGH AND SET THAT TOON ASIDE TILL FIXED.

So there is no telling what free voldies where handed out ingame by accident.
Not an extra science Bo, a commander sci Bo INSTEAD of an ensign BO. I set it aside in hopes that a dev may be able to look at that toon on my account and better understand the problem. While I have next to no hope that will actually happen, Im still gonna bench that toon for a week in the hopes that I can at least help to be part of the solution, not the problem. My hopes are that they can access that toon to help understand the issue. I'm pretty sure once I switch out that bo, I'll have just a normal Bo again in that slot.

Then again, it's probably just a ui visual bug...
Don't mind the cpb, Grav well, psw, tractor combo coming from my mvam. Though it seems like your suffering from all that sci, in reality, it's all in your head...
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-03-2011, 01:20 PM
I've hit this by accident a couple of time...You get extra 3 skills on an ensign, so it's pretty impressive.

BTW, If you saw the Stoked recording from today, it appears they were unaware of the true nature of the double-shield exploit - they really did think it was a visual thing.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-03-2011, 01:36 PM
This prevalence of cheating is one of the major reasons why I will be canceling my subscription at the end of the month. Because of cryptic's apathetic attitude towards the big bugs in this game, more and more previously respectable pvp'ers are starting to cheat. This has resulted in the atmosphere in the pvp community becoming accusatory, and it's not the best way for us to enjoy our free time.

The exploiting of cryptic's bugs will only get worse with F2P. Anonymous users paying no monthly fee will have even less reason to avoid the shame of being called a cheater, resulting in a large increase in people exploiting voldemort & the double-shield bug.

I'm sure that won't affect the bottom line, so cryptic won't care. People will still be buying pretty uniforms and P2W consoles from the c-store. Who cares about bugs then?
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
I've hit this by accident a couple of time...You get extra 3 skills on an ensign, so it's pretty impressive.

BTW, If you saw the Stoked recording from today, it appears they were unaware of the true nature of the double-shield exploit - they really did think it was a visual thing.
When this bug was demonstrated to me, my jaw hit the floor. And the ease with which it is done more than lends itself to being done on accident. I probably have, a few times at least. It's ridiculous, and a must-have for more than 1 "top" pvp team/fleet. There are still some who are not using it, and that is fantastic, keep it up, don't give in
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrekfan View Post
Yesterday during c&h match my klingon team caught player from - as they called themselves "top STO fleet" - on using warp plasma. It's nothing weird right? But he was in Intrepid! Yeah, yeah, yeah he was using " 2 commandors" exploit. Everything is documented.

When I asked him about that publicly, he admitted that this is true and that he found this exploit by accident after new patch. He swore that it was 1st time. Maybe if he used less visible power like EP to Shields 3, AUX to SIF 3, I bet no one would notice nothing.

Well, I'm obserwing his fleet since long time and I knew that he was lying because 1 day before my team caught him on using Photonick Shock Weave on.... Raptor. Since when Raptor pilot can use PSW?
Few minutes after all mess with explaining that he was only joking with that setup, his buddy wrote a new thread - in short, I will describe his post as “We are leaving because this game is full of bugs and exploits”. Oh I bet it was just another coincidence. Right?

Player which I'm writing about is well known smartass and I like him...but if he lied about that last time, he was using “voldemort” exploit, how can we be sure that he or his fleet mates don't use this s**t more often? Now I don't belive them at all.

Something's wrong with PVP since long time. We can't blame new season. For example - few weeks ago in Kerrat we saw BOP with Cannon Rapid Fire 3 and....AP Omega 3 or, on some arena match, dude in Nebula with FAW 3 and AP Delta 3.
Two weeks ago I found in my inventory bridge officer so I made little experiment and sent him via mail to another toon (everything is documented).

Do I blame people for using exploits? NO – I blame Cryptic of all these loopholes in the software, they allowing some smart players using unfair tricks. Come on, honestly - how many of you would not be tempted and use tricks to be better than others?

Beacuse of this mess people keep accusing each other of cheats and exploits. Many players are leaving the matches against organized groups and “top fleets”. Why? Because they think they're too good for them and fighting against them is big challenge? No, I don't think so.

Cryptic you must realize that PVP in this game is very important for many, many people. We pay money to fight against other players in space. Poor PVP content and bugs / exploits only push people away from the game. So please Cryptic fix all these bugs and exploits and let us enjoy this game. Good PVP content and fair rules for everybody = more money for you guys and happy customers. It's very simple.
I know how you feel Jakub.. The problem with the game is now that the problems are more widespread than just individual persons using it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius

Please tell me they think differently about it now?
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo80 View Post
This prevalence of cheating is one of the major reasons why I will be canceling my subscription at the end of the month. Because of cryptic's apathetic attitude towards the big bugs in this game, more and more previously respectable pvp'ers are starting to cheat. This has resulted in the atmosphere in the pvp community becoming accusatory, and it's not the best way for us to enjoy our free time.

The exploiting of cryptic's bugs will only get worse with F2P. Anonymous users paying no monthly fee will have even less reason to avoid the shame of being called a cheater, resulting in a large increase in people exploiting voldemort & the double-shield bug.

I'm sure that won't affect the bottom line, so cryptic won't care. People will still be buying pretty uniforms and P2W consoles from the c-store. Who cares about bugs then?
Actually, I just found out that this wont be the case. Stormshate sent me a message in response to my ticket that the use of a commander sci Boff is in lieu of the 250 emblems they didn't give me at 500days. So new f2p players won't be able to do it until 500 days too!
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-03-2011, 02:34 PM
None of this is new. It's been going on for 2 years now because cryptic doesn't seem to even slightly care about pvp, balance, content, hell even pve is super lame and the ai is beyond retarded. I can name names but that is pointless now. 3/4's of the pvper's are gone anyways including "the best pvpers". Which honestly most of them were exploiting at one time or another and calling someone a noob and acting like it was all skill, or super secret squirrel builds and powers. Broken tac buffs that buff sci and engi powers, scattervolley, FAW, 5 man sci teams all stacking sci fleet (not a exploit, but annoying and broken none the less), the list just goes on and on. I never understood why they allowed the extreme stacking of powers, boff and captain, no other mmo's let you stack active power bonuses and buffs like that because it creates mad balance issues.. Maybe if our community would have been a little less divided and less hostile maybe this game would have been better. But I doubt that because of cryptic's amateurish approach to developing and running a game and I'll NEVER buy another cryptic product again, EVER. To all the people I fought with, rolled with, talked smack to, it was a blast and all in good fun. Maybe we'll all meet up on the battlefield in another game in the future with less bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Ashgrey for the last 5-6 months our community has been very united. Unfortunately the apthy kicked in and the community bled some pretty damn good players and tacticians, we miss you BRJ. It really has gotten to the point where we think cryptic is trying to weed out those that cause trouble/destroy PvP and make it a side mission of the game. PvEers do not care if powers are bugged in their favor because Facerolling is the order of the day, month, year in PvE. PvEeers can troll these threads and parrot L2P, adapt because they have absolutely no interest in PvP balance. matter of fact I think the PvEers are loving the fact the good PvPers are leaving it makes their Dilithium grind more enjoyable.

Cryptic please fix these bugs really. Either before the coders were incompetent or the devs were that is the only reason I can think that some of theses old exploits still exist. Of course if patch bad code eventually the bad code wins.