Lt. Commander
# 21
12-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
Actually, I just found out that this wont be the case. Stormshate sent me a message in response to my ticket that the use of a commander sci Boff is in lieu of the 250 emblems they didn't give me at 500days. So new f2p players won't be able to do it until 500 days too!
You're kidding right? i missed getting my 250 emblems by 8 days.
& I don't have any Voldies on my ships.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-03-2011, 03:44 PM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
Not an extra science Bo, a commander sci Bo INSTEAD of an ensign BO.
well thats new bug on me.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
You're kidding right? i missed getting my 250 emblems by 8 days.
& I don't have any Voldies on my ships.
SUcks huh? that extra ship healing comes in handy from what I can see in Ker'rat sometimes while pvping. Maybe we didn't qualify?

To the Dirty PvPing in general,

Seems like its really prevelant and in wide use at some times and then when people come and go from Ke'rat things change.
I see a diferent game insue and the combat while bloody and deadly appears very balanced, no extra powers being thrown.
Most times I see shields drop normally and heal normally, all appears to be normal and fun. Team work being the victor.
Only the occassional bad apple in the bunch runs dirty PvP it seems and as MT said its possible to do this without knowing.
Nothing but Dev fixing is gonna help now and I'll just continue to fight becuase even if they are doing the dirty PvP, FF kills.

Reallly, I just stopped even saying anything about it and just keep shooting to kill or die in the attempt.
Oh, I could ***** and whine I suppose, but honestly it would accomplish nothing.
You, Me and everyone whom PvPs just has to be honest with ourselves and wrangke that Ego to not cheat.

4 Bops on one littel defiant should dent the shields don't you think, at 4-5km? Fully Buffed?
7 Klinks on a Cruiser should see some effect othe than to watch them fly slowly into the distance...
The sad thing is some may be purposelly teaching this dirty play to thier fleet or friends, I shudder to think.
Defense against is impossible as you never know who is playing Dirty and we are left at the mercy of the Devs again to fix it.
Division among the playerbase with happen from this due to wrongful accusation and paranoid ego driven doubt that "ourselves are the issue- he/she must be playing dirty" and we get a slump in PvP again.

I hope not as I have started enjoying it again
Lt. Commander
# 24 Crowbar for a Dollar
12-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Good observations Jakub. I also agree that the responsibility should be placed on Cryptic to fix the bugs, not the players. I have to smile when I read some responses posted here as their authors are allegedly some of the biggest R&D types in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Try a ship with a universal slot, I bug reported myself, but I am currently running with a crazy amount of BO powers, plus one that I don't know how I got since the only BO with the ability isn't even assigned to a slot. No I am not pvping because of it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-03-2011, 05:28 PM
I, for one, and tired of the hackers/exploiters crying out in frustration when they get caught and/or getting unruly when they get beaten at their own game, by honest players. Using a hack or an exploit to play a game is basically saying "I suck so bad at this game, that I am going to cheat to get ahead. Look how awesome I am guys!"

If you suck that badly, I hear that Hello Kitty Adventure Island has a very slight learning curve......one button and you can be a Hello Kitty God. No hacks or cheats needed! Go try that out, and let the ppl who try to play an honest PvP game have honest and genuine fun.

If I see you using a hack or a cheat, I am going to call you out on it in zone chat: double shielding, voldermorting, logging, etc., and I am going to keep calling you out, when I land in a match with you in the future. I'm not going to make a huge deal out of it, like taking it to OPvP, unless you start making a big deal out of it, but I will let the team you are up against know that you are not the "Awesome Ones", but the cheap ****s that have to use cheats, hacks, and bug exploits to hold their own against even a random PUG.

I will ensure that enough ppl know that you are not going to play fairly, and that a loss to you is nothing to be ashamed of. Eventually, enough ppl will know about what you are doing, and how you a playing the game, and they will basically "take their football and go home" by refusing to fight you, leaving you alone on the field with nothing to do. By then, I expect that the hackers and cheaters will start crying out that "This game sucks! Nothing but hackers and cheaters! I am canceling my sub! I won't stand for this anymore!!!"

Oh wait......that is already happening. Then the job is almost completed....just need to wait until the final nail in the coffin is pounded: taking all the fun out of the game for the hackers and exploiters, and watching them run home with tears in their eyes, running upstairs to their mommies and daddies, and crying about how unfair life is. Here is a tissue. Go get a life.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-03-2011, 11:11 PM
The conversation on STOked live today was very informative. They even had Geko on which was interesting. And they almost practically explaind how to replicate one of the Voldamort Horcruxes. And I'm hoping that this information actually gets at least this one bug fixed.. and who knows what it could lead to getting fixed to....

lol sorry I don't know how I made that post with a straight face. Seriously though here's hoping..
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-04-2011, 12:03 AM
All those tournaments, match ups, what have you, all those things which created a pretty decent pvp community is now not possible due to all of this. Everyone is suspect and no one is suspect. Its pretty amusing how I always thought healing in this game was out of control only to find it apparently isn't enough for a lot of these people. PVP might as well embrace this voldemort phenomenon considering how popular and prevailant it is among the players. From what I'm reading here its apparently good enough for some of your supposed best players and pvp fleets. Which is **** poor to begin when your running 5 man intrepid premade in pugs. But if you weren't kicking enough *** with that set up let's throw in some hacks and basically run everyone else out of PVP and then complain that your community has dwindled down to the people that perpetuated its demise. Yeah its Crypics doing but who's exploiting it? If your not part of the solution your part of the problem. I love Star Trek and the PVE here is pretty decent but nobody has to put up with this that doesn't want to. If your frustrated with it like I was you can get your PVP fix elsewhere. With that said my sub expires in January. Ill be here for the new content but I think I've paid more than enough for this riff raff. I love all of you guys. Ill see you all in TOR where we can mend some wounds, or open some new ones. Well see what happens.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-04-2011, 04:08 AM
What infuriates me the most is that the very players that comes to the forums screaming about cheats are the ones that have used them themselves at least at some point. And NO, i m not referring to the OP-Jacub- ( one of the rather few high end pvpers with decency and integrity going beyond the hull of his ships ) "The murderer always stay close and return to the crime scene".The ones among you who seem so well "educated" in the "know hows" of every cheat in the game ,mainly double shields,are probably the same guys that have been using or still are using cheats and they think that by "smokescreening" with cry outs in the forums or by expressing ridicule and mocking will render them "innocent".
I have absolutely NO IDEA about these exploits-cheats -hax whatever.BUt if someone would tell me how to do it YES,i surely would try it out.Its human nature.I dont know if it would be a one time thing but i m sure i would give it a shot.And these guys that are practicaly "arguing" about the details of how to implement it ( check another thread to see what i mean...as i m not allowed to use names)....want to convince us that they are "sober" now ?? BS.
Again To avert any misunderstandings ,I m not referring to great respectful pvpers like Jacub,Hale,Ashgrey( so sorry to see u leave dude..) ,Dravenlee...
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-04-2011, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
Please tell me they think differently about it now?
There was a promise to investigate.

It strikes me that all these bugs, including things like people getting extra bank slots, are related to their object-oriented database and an apparent failure of validation. I hope this doesn't mean the client is doing the validating, since in that case a hacked client could co anything.