Lt. Commander
Armek on normal is very very hard,even with good gear and a semi decent squad,he could do with a little reduction in health and or strength,or widen the shield gate ever so slightly more.
infected optional is too hard,not heard anyone in my fleet finish it yet and we have a lot of people who have done many stfs old/new on tribble and holodeck.
we managed to get 3 personnel saved before it failed.
no idea how hard they must be on elite.
not asking them to be nerfed but hey if walkways can be added to infected ground surely we can have it a little easier on those 2 ?

regards.

a happier season 5 player.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Infected Normal is not really THAT hard to get. You just need 2 people who know what they are doing (and they'll probably die doing it).

I definitely agree about cure ground. It wouldn't be so bad if people didn't quit after 1-2 wipes. Without a science officer Armek is just insane. Instant assimilation.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-03-2011, 10:33 AM
the same with the elite version. only with luck you can do it or with a team you know but as most times, you play in a random team and there is always at least one guy (mostly 2-3) who ****s up, it should be a bit easier.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-03-2011, 03:13 PM
I just came from Cure Ground and I must say I'm very surprised it's this hard. Didn't they remake the STFs so that pugs (!!!) could do them?! So that a wider player base would do them and so that they could make more STFs?

Well this is certainly not the way to do it. We were a semi decent pug just now, but Armek can one shot you from 100% shields and 100% hp down to 0. Or instantly assimilate you.
We tried about 15 times I think, and we were kinda close to killing him two times (got him down to about 30-40%). All the other times we died in less than 10 seconds. If you manage to avoid the orbital strikes, Armek himself will kill you for sure.

And it's so frustrating too if you have at him, he pushes you away and disables you in the process (so you can't heal, move or anything) and kills you before your powers come back.
The Cure was frustrating before, and I thought the remake would get rid of all that nonsense, but it seems even more was put in. Sigh.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-04-2011, 07:03 AM
I got to agree the cure needs some real work the optional is barely doable with a decent team only if you make no mistakes and take out the mobs quickly, but even then your stretching the clock. Armek is rediculous. I was in a ok pug and we beat our head against him for about a hour trying every strategy we could come up with looking for a weak point and fond zilch. The ka boss and infected boss both got viable strategies to use against them, but armek gots no weaknesses to exploit.
The infected optional is indeed the worst one especially in a pug. Might be doable in a premade, but haven't tried it yet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-04-2011, 02:30 PM
I'm a fan of skill based fights, not is he going to drop an orbital bombardment on my face randomly. This fight seemd near impossible with 5 tactical officers. You cannot assume a pug group is going to have a healer. Unless your group finding tool can sort groups properly. So I really think you need to go back to the drawing board and sort out how difficult you want fights to be. Amarak or whatever his name is at the end of the ground cure, totally not worth my time. I just wiped 12 times on him in a row with no progress what so ever.

You want to improve ground combat, A) give some warning of an incoming bombardmant. Like you do with grenades. Also make ally grenade circles green, and enemy circles red. Simple then you can't mix the two up. Also, reduce his damage. He literally blows through mk xi shields and health bars in one shot leaving a tiny bit of health left. Same with is Orbital bombardment. You really need to make it so two hits = death. This is the problem with the ground combat revamp boss mobs are op damage wise.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-04-2011, 03:35 PM
the best strategy i find is to melee him and heal at the same time. shooting him is a pain.

yeah the orbital bombardments need to be less random somehow, since they kill anything.

one thing i wonder about though...physical armor...does it help? i have been using energy armor since i try to avoid those situations
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-04-2011, 04:54 PM
INFECTED OPTIONAL=
Took alot of attmepts to get this. Easily the hardest optional on the ground.
To compare:
Ka Ground optional....We had 8 minutes to spare...8 minutes!!

ARMEK=
Yes he is just no fun to fight....when the challenge is to just try, die, try, die, try, die, try, die, try, die, try, die, try, die, try, die, try, die, try, die, etc until you luckily get a pattern of his attacks you can actually survive.

The SPACE stfs are way more fun and enjoyable. I used to be a hardcore ground fan and have never even done space pvp...yet this has now turned upside down.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
INFECTED OPTIONAL=
Took alot of attmepts to get this. Easily the hardest optional on the ground.
Just helped a friend get it too. Since we were both tacticals and on skype it was pretty easy. The hardest part is having people go too close to the rooms before you are ready. Of course this was easy because Ambush + Arcwave pretty much stops the assimilation completely.

Cure ground optional is indeed pretty hard if you have people without a clue or a remodulator (like usually).

KA optional? The only hard part is to get people who don't get lost in the big room and don't keep following someone to the control room despite being told multiple times that only one needs to be there.

I'd actually prefer the ground fights now IF people would carry hypos and remodulators and Armek got a well derved nerf to the cover shields and orbital strikes. Why does your aim jump to a harmless cover shield?
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-04-2011, 11:26 PM
My fleet just did a normal run of Cure ground, and Armek took two actual tries (not counting the one where only two people got into the force field as we tried the old strategy of one tanks and the rest snipe. If you keep moving and get away from him when you're supposed to, it's really not difficult on normal. But it is a new strategy.