Lt. Commander
# 11
12-05-2011, 03:03 AM
Armek is slightly to tough, i say slighlty. On normal mode i have run it 5 times and got him down once. The main problem being the one shot kill. This is a problem as his fire rate for this is to high. The last couple of times ive tried to run it, he one shots all of us in under 15 seconds. Not sure if this is how it is ment to be.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-05-2011, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunter View Post
Armek on normal is very very hard,even with good gear and a semi decent squad,he could do with a little reduction in health and or strength,or widen the shield gate ever so slightly more.
infected optional is too hard,not heard anyone in my fleet finish it yet and we have a lot of people who have done many stfs old/new on tribble and holodeck.
we managed to get 3 personnel saved before it failed.
no idea how hard they must be on elite.
not asking them to be nerfed but hey if walkways can be added to infected ground surely we can have it a little easier on those 2 ?

regards.

a happier season 5 player.
I agree, I was laughing in sheer horror at the amount of damage that boss was pumping out, as I have said in other posts. It took me in the same PUG about 15 times to eventually overcome it. All with good gear and tactics. The thing is, that you dont know where that orbital strike is going to hit and the damage is unreal. By the time you use a hypo, you get hit with something else killing you instantly.

There is no breathing space even for the most seasoned of players I suspect. Its great for elite with their gear, but for normal!!

I'm sure there is a small TV series spin off called "Dont Borg do the funniest things?" With the Benny Hill music in the background showing PUGs on normal facing silly situations like this!
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-05-2011, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorall_Loskannen
My fleet just did a normal run of Cure ground, and Armek took two actual tries (not counting the one where only two people got into the force field as we tried the old strategy of one tanks and the rest snipe. If you keep moving and get away from him when you're supposed to, it's really not difficult on normal. But it is a new strategy.
Your fleet. The point is normals should be doable by pugs. At the moment unless you have a healer it can be really, really hard.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepup79
I'm sure there is a small TV series spin off called "Dont Borg do the funniest things?" With the Benny Hill music in the background showing PUGs on normal facing silly situations like this!
WORD.

10char
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-08-2011, 05:53 AM
ok we ran a fleet run of the cure ground normal and got to Armek easily.
As for Armek himself it took us at least 20 goes.
cryo grenades and one man batlething him seemed to help.
as the cure ground stands now: no one will run it because of the time versus reward ratio.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Armek is a piece of cake when doing it with 5 ppl who fully specd for ground combat

as you guys probably all spent 0 skill points on ground combat, no wonder

stupid skill tree
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-08-2011, 10:40 AM
they should get these skill trees seperated as soon as possible.

We shouldnt have to fully spec ground at the expense of space.
what make up was your squad? had a sci fro debuffs/healing?