Lt. Commander
hi can the sao paolo be discharged and reclaimed for more quad cannons? and can you put more of them on the defiant?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-03-2011, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-of-8
hi can the sao paolo be discharged and reclaimed for more quad cannons? and can you put more of them on the defiant?
You can get more cannons but you can only use one Cannon on each vessel that can equipped cannons.

The limit on the quad cannons should be at least 2 IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-03-2011, 07:18 AM
Quote:
If that would allow players to get Unlimited Numbers of the desired gun, then IMO, that would be an Exploit, and therefore would not be allowable. Players would be deleting the ship and getting more guns to sell on the Exchange and so forth.

If you can do as you are asking, then I think Cryptic needs to investigate this......
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-03-2011, 07:22 AM
the cannons arent sellable,and there is already a retro phaser expoit for the TOS connie if im correct? plus the quads dont scale so at VA your using commander level cannons
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-03-2011, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
If that would allow players to get Unlimited Numbers of the desired gun, then IMO, that would be an Exploit, and therefore would not be allowable. Players would be deleting the ship and getting more guns to sell on the Exchange and so forth.

If you can do as you are asking, then I think Cryptic needs to investigate this......
You can't sell them on the excahange, the Quad cannons are bound.

I still say that we should be able to get 2 cannons per each ship that we can slot cannons on.

Only being able to use 1 of the quad cannons just looks silly.

I could see this being a problem for Sisko "What the Hell do you mean that we only have enough material to make One!"
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-03-2011, 08:10 AM
Quote:
the cannons arent sellable,and there is already a retro phaser expoit for the TOS connie if im correct? plus the quads dont scale so at VA your using commander level cannons
If there is an in game Exploit, then it Needs to be reported, as you have done here. This Info Needs to be forwarded to DEV Team for correction.

Players who Knowingly Use an Exploit that have Not made an effort to Report such are subject to disciplinary action. Use of Exploits without reporting them is cheating.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-03-2011, 08:14 AM
Quote:
The cannons don't scale? That sucks, I had thought about getting the ship so I could use the cannons, but both my Tac's are now VA's and I don't want to be using outdated weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.E.Hunte
The cannons don't scale? That sucks, I had thought about getting the ship so I could use the cannons, but both my Tac's are now VA's and I don't want to be using outdated weapons.
They should scale. The klingon ones do and they are supposed to be identical. Except the damage type ofcourse.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-03-2011, 08:53 AM
The Quad Cannons do scale with you as you level. Yes, you can have more than one Quad Cannon, but you can only equip one per ship. It is not an exploit, per Farktoid (he outlined the discharge/reclaim option in the TTS global channel, so, no, I do not have a post to link to).
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-03-2011, 09:17 AM
i thought everyone knew about the blue retro phaser exploit on the TOS connie,there was even a stoked with a dev explaining that you could reclaim and have all blue phasers,whether its been fixed is another matter,i do know you can replay a devidean mission to get true MKXI retro phasers,but the cannons you get off sao paolo say commander even when fitted on the retrofit,its possible they could do the same for the quads,a feature episode to get the true MKXI cannons maybe in the new ds9 featured episodes coming soon