Lt. Commander
Ive spend literally 20 retrain tokens on one of my toons to get it to perfection.

Now with this new F2P conversion, we are all expected to achieve the same goal as we did before in 1 time with only 1 free retrain token?

Sorry I I'm being blunt but it takes more then 1 'respec' to get and fully understand the effects of the new skill tree which is more then confusing for us all.

Therefore I say we deserve more then just 1 puny respec token,
I think 2 or 3 would be more appropriate.

1. To see the effects of the new skill tree and skilling
2. To make any possible adjustments based on your first attempt to properly skill your build.
3. If you forgot to skill in a specific skill or want to make final adjustments.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-03-2011, 08:40 AM
If it was setup right, you would have had a window similar to the Respec window that allows you to adjust all areas and after your satisfied with the mix, you press ACCEPT. I was just wagging it to see if I could get the key powers I wanted in each level, but ran out of points at the end (and my toon is a VA). The whole cost increase is what makes it more difficult (along with the excessive generalities in the tree), and this cost increase just reduces the ability to recreate the level development of the old system.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
Ive spend literally 20 retrain tokens on one of my toons to get it to perfection.

Now with this new F2P conversion, we are all expected to achieve the same goal as we did before in 1 time with only 1 free retrain token?

Sorry I I'm being blunt but it takes more then 1 'respec' to get and fully understand the effects of the new skill tree which is more then confusing for us all.

Therefore I say we deserve more then just 1 puny respec token,
I think 2 or 3 would be more appropriate.

1. To see the effects of the new skill tree and skilling
2. To make any possible adjustments based on your first attempt to properly skill your build.
3. If you forgot to skill in a specific skill or want to make final adjustments.
I almost completely agree except I think it should have been 5 or 6. But that would cut into their profits
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-03-2011, 09:21 AM
Its actually much too early to be asking for additional respec tokens... Even if you had received and used multiple tokens, all of your hard work and effort will be undone when the Ground Skill Tree gets revamped in a few weeks...
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-03-2011, 09:27 AM
The thing that ticked me off the most was the fact that they took all of my earned respec tokens away. I had 5 saved up and now only have 1. The new skill system is a lot more complex than the old. I see it's benefit but I have absolutely no idea of what to do. Im the kind of player that looks for online resources to help. I would like to go online and say "I am a tactical officer with an assault cruiser" then check the weapon types I prefer, and then have a layout displayed to tell me the best specs to use on the skill tree. It may be lazy but I have no comprehension of what a lot of the skill tree does. It is way too confusing to me.

Then to have all my extra respecs I had saved taken away just sucked!

-Edit..

Ok, I found a skill tree builder in the Academy section that helps however I don't believe it hasn't yet helped me to max out my bonus weapons features. There just isn't enough points to go around.