Lt. Commander
# 1 Weapon Accuracy / Accurate Trait
02-11-2010, 03:21 AM
Hi there,

does anyone know if the rare weapons which give a bonus of accuracy ( i've seen 0.1 to 0.4 ones) actually worth it? Does it have any tangible effect?

Furthermore, might the "accurate" space trait be worthwile to choose?

thx for your answers in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 03:26 AM
.1 accuracy/evade = 10% effect, stackable.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Space trait and weapons
02-11-2010, 03:29 AM
I have noticed, between 2 chars that I have, one with the space trait and the other without accuracy trait, when in combat, the one without accuracy trait has a longer kill time for enemy fighters and light ships perticularly at long range, while the other with the trait rarelly had a miss.

I do however recommend rare and uncommon weapons with critical chance and accuracy buff for PvP especially if you are on the federation side, because those war birds are sometimes high in "Miss" durring combat.

My personal favorite, is mixing accuracy buffed weapons with Critical chance weapons and again plasma and tetryon weapons for PvP mix works good, but some people swear by phasers, so perhaps even 3 diferent kinds will do the trick in PvP
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 04:15 AM
thx for your replies, so i gather that accuracy helps when shooting smaller ships but rather not when fighting bigger ships? So it is not neccessarily an overall 10% damage increase?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juy View Post
thx for your replies, so i gather that accuracy helps when shooting smaller ships but rather not when fighting bigger ships? So it is not neccessarily an overall 10% damage increase?
also if their moving. if their viraled or in a tactor acuracy is moot. if their fast and aile it helps alot
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juy View Post
Hi there,

does anyone know if the rare weapons which give a bonus of accuracy ( i've seen 0.1 to 0.4 ones) actually worth it? Does it have any tangible effect?

Furthermore, might the "accurate" space trait be worthwile to choose?

thx for your answers in advance.
The exact details of how hits and misses are calculated in space combat are unknown at the moment.

My suspicion from what I've seen so far is that the 'base accuracy' of all attacks is 100%. This is then modified by the defence of the target, and the accuracy of the attacker.

It's mentioned in a few places that defence is influenced by speed - the faster a target is moving, the harder it is to hit - and some abilities give defence bonuses (Evasive Manoeuvres, for example). It seems likely that range and size could be factors, but I don't think there's been any dev comments either way.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2010, 04:30 AM
thx again, especially to BigBadB for all his effort put in his guides which i have thoroughly read.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-27-2010, 03:26 PM
Dug up.

Anymore specifics on this?

I wanted to see if anyone has done some dps calcs on hitting various ships (some fast some slow) without and without the trait.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-27-2010, 05:58 PM
I did some very basic work on the relationship between speed and defence. More to come, as I get the chance to do the testing.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-17-2012, 10:18 PM
UserXVI Why would you mix energys?

I get some ppls amazement with using diffrent energys for the looks, but you stated it in a PVP enviroment. your wasting alot of dps with mixed energys. add me in game and ill show you what using all 1 energy type + 4x very rare MK 12 tact consoles boosting that damage will do
Closed Thread