Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Starfleet Veteran
Hi Sir,

I Play the Academy Event very often for xtra Dilithium, but howcome there isn't any Academy Event the coming 24 hours please ?

Thx in advance for your answers !

Allfather
Lord of Destruction - Allfather - Holy Lamb of Knowledge - Commander of the 7 Nation Army - The Victory Sire
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
08-19-2013, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allfather777 View Post
Hi Sir,

I Play the Academy Event very often for xtra Dilithium, but howcome there isn't any Academy Event the coming 24 hours please ?
Maybe for the same reason they've been slowly strangling every other method of getting dilithium? Just a thought...
Captain
# 3
08-19-2013, 11:05 AM
Cryptic doesn't generally dictate which events are coming up. They come onto the schedule based on a random table. So you might have several days in a row with an Academy event and then it skips a few days.

There are a lot of easier ways to earn Dilithium rather then just doing an Academy event, though.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Commander
# 4
08-19-2013, 08:28 PM
What ways? Academy used to be my primary method, I don't know what new methods are used now.
Captain
# 5
08-20-2013, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uryenserellont View Post
What ways? Academy used to be my primary method, I don't know what new methods are used now.
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Dilithium
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 6
08-20-2013, 03:20 AM
Doing foundry missions is a great way to earn Dil. The first one you do of your say gives double the rewards (2880 Dil 21,000 odd EC), then depending on how many more you do in the day some pay out 1440 dil, some less.

Just by doing 5 foundry missions you have the potentcial of getting around 7200 Dil. (thats only a ball park figure because like I said some foundry missions pay out less dil than others)

Great way to earn 2400 dil is doing the daily Defari missions. Be sure though to have 1000 GPL at hand because one of them involves paying off The Breen.

I earn on average 12,000 to 16,000 dil aday doing things like that. (The amount of time I play is also a factor in that figure quoted)

You can earn upto 1500 Dil by going mining. Most i have ever got though is 1000.

You also have three missions available in Eta Eridani.

Distress Call from Sh'mar (can be found near Zibel) gives 480 dil - be sure to have med supplies though, but its not needed, but helps.
Traelus satalite repair gives 480 dil
Alhena Distress Call gives 480 dil - This also is linked to another mission (Salvage Dispute which gives 1440 dil but this has been broken since launch of LoR) but you still earn the 480 dil though.
Live long and Prosper

Last edited by eazzie; 08-20-2013 at 03:52 AM.