Lt. Commander
The removal of "Defend ______ Sector Block" missions has made it impossible to get the following accolades:

Sirius Rookie
Sirius Combatant
Sirius Defender (grants Sirius Defender title)
Regulus Rookie
Regulus Combatant
Regulus Defender (grants title)
Pi Canis Rookie
Pi Canis Combatant
...and so on.

While I'm sure many players don't really care about accolades, for those of us that do, it would be nice if some way of completing these was added back in. I had partially completed several, and was a few days short of getting Regulus Defender, when the missions required to gain it disappeared.

I should also note that no mention of the removal of the missions was made in the Season 5 patch notes.

Whether it's a reactivation of the missions, or adjusting the accolades to count completed Deep Space Encounters rather than completed Defend X Sector Block missions, I would greatly appreciate a way to finish these partially complete accolades.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Fully agreed.

The decision to remove them baffles me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-03-2011, 04:28 PM
They should leave the missions unavailable and change the accolades so that you can earn them without needing to actually acquire the mission (which is better because it means no cool-down or hailing needed).

My guess though is that they have something else planned for these enemy encounters . . ..
Lt. Commander
Thanks for the surprise Cryptic! Just cut us off from those accolades with not word of warning! I was 4 missions away from completing Alpha Centauri. Totally uncalled for. Damit!
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-03-2011, 07:44 PM
That was an unpleasent surprise... they must really want us to do the STFs
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-03-2011, 08:02 PM
These were removed. What the?
Lt. Commander
As shakespeer's Henry the 5th said "I was not angry since I came to France, until this instant!!"

We as paying subcribers customers reserve the right to be informed of such a fundemental change in the game! As the long time paying customers we are not to to be dictaed too!

I wlill tolerate changes to the economy. I will tolerate game bugs. I will even tolerate PVE queues with gritted teeth, but this was a totally nasty, underhanded, mean sprited act!

This deserves a dam good explanation! Why we not informed?
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-03-2011, 08:12 PM
In December 1st patch where does it say they removed defend sector block missions? I thought it was bug? I still have defend gamma orionis on my Klink characters. But there is definitely something wrong with some missions. All defense missions on my Klingon characters won't register any wave kills.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-04-2011, 02:07 AM
quick fyi. just got an alpha centauri sector block veteran accolade after finishing a borg invasion instance.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-04-2011, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Chris
In December 1st patch where does it say they removed defend sector block missions? I thought it was bug? I still have defend gamma orionis on my Klink characters. But there is definitely something wrong with some missions. All defense missions on my Klingon characters won't register any wave kills.

ok that bug i am still getting with romulan defense/patrol missions
Closed Thread