Lt. Commander
# 11
12-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presticus View Post
I foresee one huge problem with adding dilithium to story missions. The KDF has a far fewer missions than Fed side. Federation characters would be able to accumulated dil in greater amounts. If they skew it so KDF missions grant a proportionally higher amount of dil per mission (completing all KDF story missions would provide an equal amount of dil to completing all Fed story missions) than KDF characters could accumulate larger quantities of dil at a substantially faster rate.

Adding dil to the Featured Series episodes would be the only fair solution, being that they're faction neutral. However when playing the FE in the story line progression suddenly getting dil for a specific story arcs would feel out of place.

What they need to do is add more daily content for all levels across the entire game.
Eventually...,

...They keep telling us..., the KDF will be on-par with the Fed's.

Until that point, I see no problem with giving the currently available Klingon Activities a modest increase over the Fed's to make up for that difference.

But to limit the ways and means that players can get Dilithium, fundamentally discourages many folks to even try after a while.

A perfect example is the SFA Special Event...,

When it first hit Tribble it was a mob scene, but when folks started to realize that the effort wasn't worth the reward given, it slowly became a an activity that only die-hard grinders were doing.

This is not a good way to encourage folks to engage in the 'Dilithium to C-Point to Cash-Cycle' that Cryptic/PWI needs to fill Their Coffers.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-04-2011, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Eventually...,

...They keep telling us..., the KDF will be on-par with the Fed's.

Until that point, I see no problem with giving the currently available Klingon Activities a modest increase over the Fed's to make up for that difference.

But to limit the ways and means that players can get Dilithium, fundamentally discourages many folks to even try after a while.

A perfect example is the SFA Special Event...,

When it first hit Tribble it was a mob scene, but when folks started to realize that the effort wasn't worth the reward given, it slowly became a an activity that only die-hard grinders were doing.

This is not a good way to encourage folks to engage in the 'Dilithium to C-Point to Cash-Cycle' that Cryptic/PWI needs to fill Their Coffers.
This. They keep telling us that there will be sometime soon KDF content. After the last announcement I don't see this happening before end of 2012.

They should add a small dilithium bonus to any mission, too eas the grind for it. That stuff is the new top currency in STO so they should be more readily available.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-04-2011, 04:08 AM
story missions are around 45 minutes long, so i dont see a problem with having 960 dilithium for first play through and 480 for a second at the very least.

they really should give something as they are the major content in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-04-2011, 05:55 AM
well they said that Dilithium is a TIME currency, so anything that takes time should give an apropriate amount of Dilithium Ore.

Including STF's....
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-04-2011, 06:03 AM
I agree that Dilithium needs to be added to everything that we do in this game.

You do a (non-daily) Exploration mission? 300 Dilithium.
You do a Standard mission (Azura?)? 600 Dilithium.
You do a DSE? 300 Dilithium.

See the trend?
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-04-2011, 08:54 AM
If they dont add dilithium to story missions new players at low levels will never be able to get ships.

ADD dilithium To STORY MISSIONS!!!
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
well they said that Dilithium is a TIME currency, so anything that takes time should give an apropriate amount of Dilithium Ore.

Including STF's....
STF's do give Dilithium.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtEliz
If they dont add dilithium to story missions new players at low levels will never be able to get ships.

ADD dilithium To STORY MISSIONS!!!
Silver players do get a discount token on rank up and the goal to my eye seems to be for silver players to have to choose between doing 2-3 dailies for 2-3 days, making a C-Store ship purchase, subscribing, or making due with an inferior ship.

So rank-ups for silver players will be kindof a giant, "Hey! Are you enjoying things? Spend some money."

Granted, once you've bought a ship at every tier as a silver player, you never get that nagging choice again. So it's a one time $45 fee, like a subtle way of Cryptic reverting this game's retail price from $5 back towards what it was at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Silver players do get a discount token on rank up and the goal to my eye seems to be for silver players to have to choose between doing 2-3 dailies for 2-3 days, making a C-Store ship purchase, subscribing, or making due with an inferior ship.

So rank-ups for silver players will be kindof a giant, "Hey! Are you enjoying things? Spend some money."

Granted, once you've bought a ship at every tier as a silver player, you never get that nagging choice again. So it's a one time $45 fee, like a subtle way of Cryptic reverting this game's retail price from $5 back towards what it was at launch.
still think its a bit unfair for the new lads who try the game and get instantly pegged down into a stupid rutine of doing same thing over and over.

and for uss life timers and gold users we got royally screwed.

i made a new alt and im captain 8 now and i got 1k dilithium couse i did story missions only.

when i reach VA vice admiral i will require 550.500 dilithium to get a va ship.

that is not possible in any way or form. we got our asses served by takeing away the va tokkens.
and ontop of that we also got screwed on ships in c store being charakter bound now instead of account.
i can live with that but the va tokkens hurted so much more than anything else in this game atm.

ohh sure they added them as 600 day reward but im a lifer and im at 300 days. i need to wait 1 entire year before i can level another toon to va? thats just not right.

i will not spend more than the 499 usd dollars i allready have spent on this game.

we should get va tokkens far far far sooner than 600 its just stinks of cryptic trying to cover something up like that with petty words. i bet those MEEEPO MEEPO MEEPO greedy MEEEPOS wanted to scramble as much money from uss as possible before they cut uss in the head. and ends the game.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtEliz
still think its a bit unfair for the new lads who try the game and get instantly pegged down into a stupid rutine of doing same thing over and over.

and for uss life timers and gold users we got royally screwed.

i made a new alt and im captain 8 now and i got 1k dilithium couse i did story missions only.

when i reach VA vice admiral i will require 550.500 dilithium to get a va ship.

that is not possible in any way or form. we got our asses served by takeing away the va tokkens.
and ontop of that we also got screwed on ships in c store being charakter bound now instead of account.
i can live with that but the va tokkens hurted so much more than anything else in this game atm.

ohh sure they added them as 600 day reward but im a lifer and im at 300 days. i need to wait 1 entire year before i can level another toon to va? thats just not right.

i will not spend more than the 499 usd dollars i allready have spent on this game.

we should get va tokkens far far far sooner than 600 its just stinks of cryptic trying to cover something up like that with petty words. i bet those MEEEPO MEEPO MEEPO greedy MEEEPOS wanted to scramble as much money from uss as possible before they cut uss in the head. and ends the game.
Ships are still account-wide unlocks. There are just a load of bugs currently that keep people from (re-)claiming them.