Lt. Commander
# 1 Dilithium refine - ore
12-04-2011, 05:52 AM
What the hell is cryptic doing.... OMG what you can only get 8000 per day refined per day, so what we do missions then we claim the ore but can't use it.... but you can only refine 8000 a day what a joke..... cryptic you go to work get paid every month but cryptic are going to pay half your salary per month the other half will be paid next month.... thats right so what are you guys thinking you are trying to slow us down playing this game to keep grinding and we have to wait to refine.. you would not like it if it was your salary..... TAKE THE CAP OFF ....... YOUR BOTTLES OF BEER AND OPEN YOUR EYES .... you are driving players away from this game...... so i suggest TAKE THE CAP OFF REFINED ORE .... and not the bottles of beer..... by DJ MARCO
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-04-2011, 06:00 AM
I too do not understand why there is a cap/limit on daily refining & want it removed. Only thing that makes any sense is it's Cryptics deliberate attempt to slow us down, including all the tedious & monotonous reption that they have introduced in season 5. Why would they do this? To cover the fact that this glitch ridden game is still beta @ best & to hide the lack of content. Seriousl Cryptic- you are shooting yourselves in the foot. Remove the 8000 a day limit. Do not increase it, outright remove it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-04-2011, 07:30 AM
Wow seriously Ive never heard a player base anywhere complain as much as people here do the game isnt that bad. Ive managed to have a great time these last 2 years are there bugs sometimes yes. Do I always manage to find things to do and keep enjoying myself yes I do. Sometimes you gotta calm down take a deep breath and realize its not that bad.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-MARCO View Post
What the hell is cryptic doing.... OMG what you can only get 8000 per day refined per day, so what we do missions then we claim the ore but can't use it.... but you can only refine 8000 a day what a joke..... cryptic you go to work get paid every month but cryptic are going to pay half your salary per month the other half will be paid next month.... thats right so what are you guys thinking you are trying to slow us down playing this game to keep grinding and we have to wait to refine.. you would not like it if it was your salary..... TAKE THE CAP OFF ....... YOUR BOTTLES OF BEER AND OPEN YOUR EYES .... you are driving players away from this game...... so i suggest TAKE THE CAP OFF REFINED ORE .... and not the bottles of beer..... by DJ MARCO

There's really no call for hurling hate and insults at these people. They're doing their job to the best of their ability. IF you think it's ten thousand developers playing paddleball instead of addressing these concerns, think again. MMOs are spectacularly complicated programs and I've never played one without bugs - ever. THese guys have a finite staff and finite time and in an economy like this, finite funds to work with under the best of circumstances. (Witness the Pandarian debacle about to unfold for WoW - I know about thirty former die hard players across two guilds who are quitting the game completely based on Kung Fu Panda.) These are real people, not slaves or servants. Hurling hostility at them is ludicrous altogether. If someone came to your workplace and threw a god awful tantrum over some service you provide or fail to provide, is your first thought to kiss their feet and say "Yes, master?"

I appreciate the cap, personally. With the new function to market dilithium for c-points it makes sense. Plus, if you achieve everything possible in a game in just one day it's not much of a game. The real story lies in the struggle against limitation - not erasing it, but working against it with your own cunning and experience. Every well told story on earth is about conflicts and limitations and how they hamper someone who overcomes them. Powergamers who want to nuke everything in one shot might disagree, but they also have the most boring stories to tell you can ever hear.

Just work with the cap. Go with the flow. If you can't mine 10,000,000,000 dilithium a day, so what? Keep logging in. The game's getting better and better and better and it's even going ot be free soon. And for all of this, we're going to rage against good people because you don't like the dlitihium cap? Even if I thought you had a legtimate complaint, and some people on this forum do, the rage/wrath/hate approach is patently absurd. Be glad there's a Star Trek game at all. If not, there are plenty of other games you can play that won't lead you to pubilicly abuse the programmers.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-04-2011, 08:48 AM
Welcome to the new Dilithium World of STO...

The folks on Tribble screamed about this till their fingers were hoarse...

It's the way it is going to be for the foreseeable future now...,

Love it or Leave it.

There isn't a third option.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saboreth
I appreciate the cap, personally. With the new function to market dilithium for c-points it makes sense. Plus, if you achieve everything possible in a game in just one day it's not much of a game. The real story lies in the struggle against limitation - not erasing it, but working against it with your own cunning and experience. Every well told story on earth is about conflicts and limitations and how they hamper someone who overcomes them. Powergamers who want to nuke everything in one shot might disagree, but they also have the most boring stories to tell you can ever hear.

Just work with the cap. Go with the flow. If you can't mine 10,000,000,000 dilithium a day, so what? Keep logging in. The game's getting better and better and better and it's even going ot be free soon. And for all of this, we're going to rage against good people because you don't like the dlitihium cap? Even if I thought you had a legtimate complaint, and some people on this forum do, the rage/wrath/hate approach is patently absurd. Be glad there's a Star Trek game at all. If not, there are plenty of other games you can play that won't lead you to pubilicly abuse the programmers.
It is great if you want to blow a big wad of cash to buy Dilithium... except that wait... before you did not need to do that... hmmm...

Here are some legitimate gripes:

1) If you already had everything you wanted for your ship (I am guilty here) and they up and changed all your consoles making them either less effective, or in the case of Science Consoles absolutely useless, and you now have to fight this Cap just to get yourself back to where you ALREADY struggled and worked to get. That is not particularly fair is it?

2) It makes your efforts in the game meaningless. One of my biggest gripes about EVE had been that if you gobble up all the books you needed you could let a character just sit in mothballs and slooooowly grow to be very powerful without ever playing the game. You did not NEED to play in order to really progress and NOTHING you did was going to make your character progress significantly faster which meant that you were just as well off doing nothing but waiting for the day when you could finally do something new again. Same thing applies here. If you have all the Dilithium you need to get what you want but cannot refine it then all you can do is sit on your bumb and wait... Log in once a day to hit the refine button and then leave. That is not inspiring good gameplay and is not enjoyable. (Keep in mind: not everyone has the same play styles and a proper counter argument to your desire not to have get all the end-game gear in one shot would be that YOU do not HAVE to if YOU do not WANT to, but it should be an OPTION.)

3) This one is not so much about the Cap as it is about Dilithium in general. In PWI their version of Dilithium called Coin could be freely traded to other players for more Coin. Items bought with either Store Points or Coin could be freely traded in the vast majority of cases. This meant that while Shop Points were more valuable and sold on their exchange for Millions of Coin (Not joking) there was at least still a Coin economy between players that was alive an well. Dilithium has no economy. Being unable to trade it directly between players or buy items gotten with it or C-Store Points with it from other players makes it a non-starter as any basis for economy.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Welcome to the new Dilithium World of STO...

The folks on Tribble screamed about this till their fingers were hoarse...

It's the way it is going to be for the foreseeable future now...,

Love it or Leave it.

There isn't a third option.
Not everyone did. I don't particularly like the cap as it's a little too low but it's not a major concern, even if I have hit the cap two days in a row. I know that during the week I won't be able to play as often as I do over the weekend so I'll just use the unrefined extra to keep my average up.
If I'm entirely honest I actually like that it slows me down this much even if I don't completely like the method; I'm running the STFs and mirror events for Dilithium so that I can get a Hegh'ta BoP and it's going to take me 10 more days. But I'm happy because I have something to aim for in game rather than mindlessly farming emblems yet having nothing I want to spend them on.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post
Not everyone did. I don't particularly like the cap as it's a little too low but it's not a major concern, even if I have hit the cap two days in a row. I know that during the week I won't be able to play as often as I do over the weekend so I'll just use the unrefined extra to keep my average up.
If I'm entirely honest I actually like that it slows me down this much even if I don't completely like the method; I'm running the STFs and mirror events for Dilithium so that I can get a Hegh'ta BoP and it's going to take me 10 more days. But I'm happy because I have something to aim for in game rather than mindlessly farming emblems yet having nothing I want to spend them on.
A STO 'Padawan' is born...

A silly as that sounds...

...it is the best way to 'get-over' any percieved problems with the new game mechanic.

And besides, there are PLENTY of Other things Wrong with the game that could use this wave-of-malcontent to a much better advantage...

PvP...

The KDF...

The C-Store/Ship Claim UI...

The 'Jump-To-Light-Speed' BUG that has appeared on Holodeck... (though that one is kinda funny)...

(Add your own current gripe here...)
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-04-2011, 11:27 AM
With dilithium refine cap per day amount dilithium to make verry rare gear is an horror.
40K dilithium for only 1 part of Aegies set.
so full set cost same or even more then new ship bought for dilithium.
i think taht this new economy and crafting system is made to turn people away not to bring more players
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borthan
I too do not understand why there is a cap/limit on daily refining & want it removed. Only thing that makes any sense is it's Cryptics deliberate attempt to slow us down, including all the tedious & monotonous reption that they have introduced in season 5. Why would they do this? To cover the fact that this glitch ridden game is still beta @ best & to hide the lack of content. Seriousl Cryptic- you are shooting yourselves in the foot. Remove the 8000 a day limit. Do not increase it, outright remove it.
No. The cap is fine and works.

We can all agree that more content is needed - though I still haven't managed to get through everything that Season 5 brought in through the Defera Invasion - but that has nothing to do with this economic decision.

People amassed Energy Credits too fast. Plain and simple. By keeping a tight grip on the amount of Dilithium in the economy, it functions better and can be more easily managed.

The average player will not earn more than 8,000 dilithium in one sitting. I've started playing STFs about four times a day now - between an hour and two hours at a time. Probably 90% of players now and in future will play for this long or less. The cap doesn't affect them. It *does* affect those edge cases who can spend 8 hours a day amasing dilithium ore.

Even the guy who gets binges one day a week and then doesn't play for days is covered - dilithium ore is automatically refined for up to a week after your last play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian113 View Post
With dilithium refine cap per day amount dilithium to make verry rare gear is an horror.
40K dilithium for only 1 part of Aegies set.
so full set cost same or even more then new ship bought for dilithium.
i think taht this new economy and crafting system is made to turn people away not to bring more players
No, it's done to make highest-end gear an accomplishment rather than just a consequence of casual play.