Lt. Commander
# 1 Borg Tech drop vs. Data ship
12-04-2011, 11:33 AM
The thing that there is only one borg tech drop against a data ship drop for every player is stupid. I never get this borg tech because everyone clicks on need (also on the other parts. That just sucks. I would like to get an item but do i have to wait until everybody has this piece of technology and at least some peeps click on "Greed" or "Pass" ? I dont wanna wast like 30 minutes just for a lousy datachip !
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-04-2011, 01:08 PM
What equipment are you after, ground or space?
I've settled into a groove now where I save the ECD for set items and the rare salvage I use to get Mk XI equipment for the ship and crew. Saving the ECD I've got a single Mk X Omega weapon now and have to get another 10 for the second piece of the set whereas using the rare salvage I've got 5 weapons and a couple of pieces of Mk XI ground gear (shield and armour). There are random drops to requisition the set pieces but they drop very infrequently so it isn't worth counting on them.

As far as the needers go, all you can do is watch the rolls and see what's happening. If I see someone need twice in a row then I start hitting need too; I don't need the random drops but the rare salvage is valuable and doesn't drop very often so I'm loathe to miss out. After a while you also recognise those who hit need all the while (and the AFK heroes too) so you'll know when to hit Need on sight of them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post
As far as the needers go, all you can do is watch the rolls and see what's happening. If I see someone need twice in a row then I start hitting need too; I don't need the random drops but the rare salvage is valuable and doesn't drop very often so I'm loathe to miss out. After a while you also recognise those who hit need all the while (and the AFK heroes too) so you'll know when to hit Need on sight of them.
This.

General rule, always hit need on EDC, Rare Salvage, and special drops. Hit greed on everything else. If you see at least one guy hitting need, start needing everything.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-04-2011, 01:43 PM
This is FTP mechanics, everyone is starting to just hit 'Need'
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-04-2011, 03:25 PM
i greed all random drops, unless i really know i want it, which....theres really only blue or better of: batleth, naucicaan sword, and split beam rifles, and they have to be mk XI or better, so i never roll for need

needing tokens...theres so much grinding that this is expected
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post

Dont know... may be I'm silly here but as long as the whole team isnt needing I'm not needing even if there is a needer.
I simply do not want to be considered as a needer by someone who later starts checking the loggs... Thats not the kind of reputation I'm looking for.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Joining a good fleet, especially one with a Ventrillo server, can save you a great deal of headache. The communication is much tighter, and being on even an 'acquaintance' basis with people means they will be far less likely to be a brat about loot drops. I know that in my fleet, it is a common courtesy to ask permission before hitting "need" and screwing over everyone else on your team.

Ultimately, if you want to be successful in the STFs, you need to be prepared to accept a more social environment than the first 90% of the game's missions.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-04-2011, 04:33 PM
f2p = always need.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
Joining a good fleet, especially one with a Ventrillo server, can save you a great deal of headache. The communication is much tighter, and being on even an 'acquaintance' basis with people means they will be far less likely to be a brat about loot drops. I know that in my fleet, it is a common courtesy to ask permission before hitting "need" and screwing over everyone else on your team.

Ultimately, if you want to be successful in the STFs, you need to be prepared to accept a more social environment than the first 90% of the game's missions.
100% agree

though it is annoying when you join as a team and one of your fleet team doesnt make it in and a random "pugger" joins...you will need to need at that point.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Cryptic this drop-setting is ridiculous! i must do 20 times a mission to get a "real" borg item not this senseless chips!