Lt. Commander
# 41
12-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
I'll put it this way... before last night I never saw any effective build using feedback pulse.

Apparently with all the new skills it is possible to build a ship that kills through bypassing shields completely and doing the majority of damage straight to the hull.

Pengs, plasma beams, feedback pulse, DEM, etc. have all become quite viable under the new tree.
http://youtu.be/ui1P3Io_2Wc

Its been here before and I'm not suprised a resourceful player specialized in it again to good effect.

Then again what weaknesses does that player now have for the points spent to buff FBP, because it didn't help the guy last night in Ker'rat who used it.
Then again I was buffing my shields with Tactical team among other things so it would heal as the damage was transfered back to me once I saw FBP being used.
Lt. Commander
# 42
12-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
http://youtu.be/ui1P3Io_2Wc

Its been here before and I'm not suprised a resourceful player specialized in it again to good effect.

Then again what weaknesses does that player now have for the points spent to buff FBP, because it didn't help the guy last night in Ker'rat who used it.
Then again I was buffing my shields with Tactical team among other things so it would heal as the damage was transfered back to me once I saw FBP being used.
heeeeeey wasnt this fixed last year?
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Heres my theory on why all the bugs are back.

They buidl the F2P game from an older version of the game then it was on holo. Everything that got fixed on holo in the mean time was never fixed in the f2p build that replaced the holo build.

Why do i think this? The KDF shipyard. It was fixed some time ago to be actually fully visible in space and not only the top and bottom. However the same top/bottom only view was back again in the first f2p build push to tribble and is still present on the f2p build on holo.

So in short. They did used an vastly outdated branch of the games code to build the current game instead of of a more recent build when they split off the f2p build.

Fail.
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-05-2011, 07:09 PM
That's what I'm saying. Ridiculous.

On a related note, I really can't help but wonder how much of what makes many of these broken consoles OP in the first place is this poorly done skill tree.
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-06-2011, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali

They buidl the F2P game from an older version of the game then it was on holo. Everything that got fixed on holo in the mean time was never fixed in the f2p build that replaced the holo build.

Why do i think this? The KDF shipyard. It was fixed some time ago to be actually fully visible in space and not only the top and bottom. However the same top/bottom only view was back again in the first f2p build push to tribble and is still present on the f2p build on holo.

So in short. They did used an vastly outdated branch of the games code to build the current game instead of of a more recent build when they split off the f2p build.

Fail.
Seriously, I sometimes have the same impression. There are multiple small things that indicate to me that they are using something from an older build. It is possible it's not the code, but stuff like art assets and data. (After all, it's not like the Ground Combat Revamp was gone). Maybe there was a merge on the data and some stuff didn't get merged correctly.
Lt. Commander
I am trying to make a list of the broken stuff that I saw so far. Can anyone verify this, and add additional items to the list?

Looks broken/overpowered/bugged
  • Feedback Pulse stronger than it used to be, can lead to rapid kills
  • Gravity Well considerably stronger than before and basically unescapable even with movement buffs.
    Note: I remember during some of the revamps that either snix or heretic (?) mentioned that it wouldn't be easy to affect GW by skills, as small changes could have a strong effect. COuld this simply have been ignored with the skill tree revamp? Or are the skills that are supposed to increase resistance to it instead buffing the skill's effect itself? (Possibly twice, once for oyur own skill, and the target's skill also buffs it?)
  • Transfer Shield Strength heals considerable more damage than before.
  • Har'Peng Torpedoes have more damage potential than before as they are now affected by more skills (before, they were only affeted by the Tier 1 and Tier 2 weapon skills, now they are affected by all weapon skills.)
  • Tractor Beam Repulsors has the same effect on all ranks.

Questionable Stuff
  • Science Consoles are now no longer buffing the powers they used to, making many console choices now invalid for the player's original build
  • Some of the skills for resisting power effects like knocks or repels don't seem to work, or the effect is too weak to be noticeable.
  • There are reports of characters with identical builds but different factions having differing values for the same powers.
  • Some skills do not seem to affect the skills they are supposed to affect. (Inertial Dampeners buffs Gravity Well. Maybe the values are applied as buffs to the skill instead of penalties to the skill?)
  • Some skills effect is neglible (Starship Subsystem Repair, Starship Hull Plating...)
  • Several consoles are only half as powerful as they used to be, and there was no explaination whether this was intended or not.

EDIT:
I am reposting this list here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...44&postcount=1

Please, if you have any additional information, or made any bug tickets, please post them here on the Test thread.
Lt. Commander
# 47
12-06-2011, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali

Fail.
Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Seriously, I sometimes have the same impression. There are multiple small things that indicate to me that they are using something from an older build. It is possible it's not the code, but stuff like art assets and data. (After all, it's not like the Ground Combat Revamp was gone). Maybe there was a merge on the data and some stuff didn't get merged correctly.
Ditto, the old base code on Tribble is having conflict with the newer base code on Holodeck. Seems plausible.
Lt. Commander
# 48
12-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo80 View Post
I'm going to have to look up the exact numbers after work today.
Well I checked my stats last night. My scibop with Tss3, the astrophysicist trait, 2 emitter array consoles and aux power of 47/25 is at 2,324 for the heal, and 662 for the regeneration. My tac/bop, who's only difference is a lack of the astrophysicist trait is exactly the same except the heal is one point lower.

My tac/raptor with Tss2, 1 emitter array and 46/25 aux power is at 1,672 heal, 477 regen. My eng/def & tac/def with no emitter array console and slightly less power are a little lower than that.

Overall, I think it's almost a 50% buff compared to pre-patch. Unfortunately, I did not take down my boff power stats pre-patch, just general ship stats like speed, turn rate, HPs, and what not that you can see after pressing the "U" button. So I cannot confirm that conclusion.

I forgot to compare stats for each ship with and without the emitter consoles. Comparing each toon's stats, I think each console only adds about 50 heal and 10 or 15 regen. So, for my klinks, P2W consoles might make more sense for the science slots, unfortunately. HE is only affected by an engineering console now, and I don't think there's one that affects PH, so, the science consoles would only be good for my build if I was running stuff like PSW or GW.
Lt. Commander
# 49
12-06-2011, 08:44 AM
TSS3
0 Aux = 1,069 /305/ 10%
38 Aux = 1726 / 492 / 14%
100 Aux = 3,023 / 862 / 21%
125 Aux = 3185 / 908 / 21%.

My old Holdoeck build TSS3 @125 Aux pushed 2836 / 678 / 24%.

Looks like a 350 point increase in effectiveness almost across the board for the intital heal and 250 for the secondary healing.

Granted I have;
SS Shield Emitters: 9
SS Shield systems: 9
SS Shield Performance: 8
Lt. Commander
# 50
12-06-2011, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Will update this As I forgot to bring the numbers to work.
Heh, I just wrote mine on the back of my NFL office pool sheet. Had to bring that in today anyway to double-check my score for the week.

Man, my stats were high enough as it was with low aux, but an aux-oriented bop, and by extension, a healing sci ship both look impressive.

If it's only a 350 bump, it's not as bad as I thought, but that is still big for the regeneration, letting people bounce back as if it was a fifth part of the borg set.