Lt. Commander
# 71
12-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphezir View Post
As I said, I think he is. Its a Tier 1 skill and we dont put anything into ground on space chars. So I bet he skilled it.
Then the skills that effect drain are effecting this as well making the Plasmodic Leach console work too well.

i've heard that such drain skills effect Tetryons weapons as well ( which needed it in my opinion)

edit: and it sounds like it doesn't work with cannons very well, or at least as well as it does with Beams.
Lt. Commander
# 72
12-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo80 View Post
I forgot to compare stats for each ship with and without the emitter consoles. Comparing each toon's stats, I think each console only adds about 50 heal and 10 or 15 regen.
I was wrong. I just checked, and each +18 console gave more than 200 points to the heal and 60 to the regen. Since I'm using two of them on my bops, it might be more fair if I only used one. The only other option for me really because I don't use PSW or any of the other sci magic powers is the inertial dampener, but I can't test the stats on that as far as I can tell. Might just respec and put a point in inertial dampeners and see if that will help tractor resistance at all, now that they've supposedly fixed the skill according to the release notes.
Lt. Commander
# 73
12-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
I think they should keep it this way. Science was way underpowered before and now it can finally almost be up to par. Cryptic, I think you need to let all science crafts also do the "Deathblossom" from the Last Starfighter as well, because that will assist in the balance issues.

I mean.. just go the full 9 on this, if you are going to do it at all.
Hehe Joker :p

-------------

Anyway it doesnt really matter if TSS gets nerfed or buffed, because every ship will run it (at least I assume everyone in PVP runs at least 1 copy, TSS2...) so if it gets a nerf to pre-season 5, it doesnt matter. Everyone stays equal. But the main thing here is that it could just as well be an RSP because nobody will get through a TSS2/3 with full Aux and some consoles. So what is the use of this ability again? There is not even a real need to put your Auxiliary to 100+ now because its all pretty much fine at 40/50ish.

There is no point in a heal which overheals your shield by ... 2 times? 3 times? perhaps 4 times. Because of this stupid buff I get lazy by not transferring my power to Aux regularly :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Then the skills that effect drain are effecting this as well making the Plasmodic Leach console work too well.

i've heard that such drain skills effect Tetryons weapons as well ( which needed it in my opinion)

edit: and it sounds like it doesn't work with cannons very well, or at least as well as it does with Beams.
Actually it also buffs the Polaron weaponary, and well deserved imo. (I get -39 drain now instead of -25). I dont really notice much to be honest, and its an instant recharge on the enemy which got the 'proc' anyway, so the effect is instantly reduced once it hits... (It should theoretically work well with my acc x3 weapons though, engine drain -> lower defense ^^)

Too bad other weapons like disruptor couldnt get a tiny buff, like -10 hull resistance isnt reall that awesome either. -15 would come close to some balance
Lt. Commander
# 74
12-07-2011, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
Actually it also buffs the Polaron weaponary, and well deserved imo. (I get -39 drain now instead of -25). I dont really notice much to be honest, and its an instant recharge on the enemy which got the 'proc' anyway, so the effect is instantly reduced once it hits... (It should theoretically work well with my acc x3 weapons though, engine drain -> lower defense ^^)

Too bad other weapons like disruptor couldnt get a tiny buff, like -10 hull resistance isnt reall that awesome either. -15 would come close to some balance
I figured it would buff all drain mechanics ingame as well. I know of a fleetmate and his Polaron Boat who's gonna be happy.
The only thing people have complained about is the "over-Drain" of the Plasmodic Leech so maybe only it needs tweaking to fix.
Its funny though becuase the baseline for the Plasmodic Leach starts at -1 drain a pulse and some have reported drains in the high -20s a pulse, which seems like a huge multiplier.

Oddly I have yet to see it work this way in Ker'rat but then again I designed my build to offset drain attacks and that may be why.

Disruptors would benefit from a -10 Hull resistance and a culmulative stacking -xx shields similiar to Sensor Analysis. I can dream.
Lt. Commander
# 75
12-07-2011, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphezir View Post
As I said, I think he is. Its a Tier 1 skill and we dont put anything into ground on space chars. So I bet he skilled it.
If he went just space, he would have no choice but to skill it. as it takes 9's in all space skills to flip T1 over to T2.
Lt. Commander
# 76
12-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I figured it would buff all drain mechanics ingame as well. I know of a fleetmate and his Polaron Boat who's gonna be happy.
The only thing people have complained about is the "over-Drain" of the Plasmodic Leech so maybe only it needs tweaking to fix.
Its funny though becuase the baseline for the Plasmodic Leach starts at -1 drain a pulse and some have reported drains in the high -20s a pulse, which seems like a huge multiplier.

Oddly I have yet to see it work this way in Ker'rat but then again I designed my build to offset drain attacks and that may be why.

Disruptors would benefit from a -10 Hull resistance and a culmulative stacking -xx shields similiar to Sensor Analysis. I can dream.
Mhh yeh it almost seems like the just connected all drain powers to these new skills in the tree without actually balancing alot of them...

I've seen some ability.. how is it called again, Aceton assimulator or something, I couldnt shoot it down with my energy weapons, so you are forced to use Torpedos.. It drains the hell out of a ship and so bad i couldnt even fly away from it. lol
Lt. Commander
# 77
12-07-2011, 07:50 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
Mhh yeh it almost seems like the just connected all drain powers to these new skills in the tree without actually balancing alot of them...
Thats what I figured as well.

Quote:
I've seen some ability.. how is it called again, Aceton assimulator or something, I couldnt shoot it down with my energy weapons, so you are forced to use Torpedos.. It drains the hell out of a ship and so bad i couldnt even fly away from it. lol
Yeah its a weapon based off of this episode of TNG http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Booby_Trap_(episode) and works just like it (and is really buffed by drain skills) and is availible to both sides as I've seen Feds dropping them too in Ker'rat.
I tested it when it first came out on Tribble and found it lack-luster, though that was before the Skill tree change.
Oddly I never saw Picard ***** once to the unfairness of it in the episode. The ancient race that made it from the epsiode probally balanced it better. :p
Lt. Commander
# 78
12-07-2011, 08:05 AM
I think I've only seen bugged Klinks using them (when they fly Fed side) but I could be wrong. How dI Feds get these obnoxious little *******s?
Lt. Commander
# 79
12-07-2011, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I think I've only seen bugged Klinks using them (when they fly Fed side) but I could be wrong. How dI Feds get these obnoxious little *******s?
That was question when I saw the little yellow outlined bugger floating Ker'rat the other day.
makes me think the code for STO is about as " water-tight" as a sieve and some may know how to circumvent it.
Then I realized how paranoid it sounded and let it go.......
Then I realized that ST fans are not exactly without skills..... thought about it some more and let it go....

Wish I had screenshot it.
Lt. Commander
# 80
12-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Last night at Ker'rat was a nightmare for me! Gravity Well and Feedback Pulse are too strong, dammit ! My shields were going down too fast and also when trapped in the yellow **** I wasn't be able to run away like before! Cryptic, what the f..k? I was complaining in the last month the klis are OP and now they have the Plasmonic Leech Console among the others...but no, I'm not angry...I like to fight against all odds, three bops at the least...many enemies, very much honour...so it's ok...but...you klis, you'll pay all this...