Lt. Commander
# 1 Ship interior Doff bonus
12-04-2011, 06:46 PM
We all know ship interiors lack a real meaning in the game aside from RP, so what would you think of having a smallish bonus for starting Doff missions either on the bridge or in your ship's ready room? This wouldnt be a requirement, and those who didnt wouldnt have any sort of penalty, but it would give a slight reason to go there. Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-04-2011, 06:51 PM
I would love this idea. I would prefer to prepare all my doff mission with in my bridge so I'm in a nice quiet space where no one could bother me or have other distractions involved. Anything for more bridge functionality has my support.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-04-2011, 06:52 PM
I love this idea. It would give your ship interior more meaning and actually give me reason for visiting the interior, rather than just for a walk around.

Excellent idea
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Sounds good to me, great idea! One of the most common topics I'm asked about by friends who don't own STO is ship interiors and functionality, and i'd love to be able to start giving them a better answer
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Nagus, you are as wise as you are handsome. I like this idea as well.

However, there isn't anything stopping people from going to their ready room, sitting in the chair, and bringing up the DOff screen. It would add a little immersion. I was kind of sad to see them make mission replay from the quest journal screen. That was really the only reason I visited my bridge. I think, though, I may follow my own suggestion and divvy out my DOff's missions from inside my ready room.

**Edit** Ooops, misread the part about the bonus. Still a great idea.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
However, there isn't anything stopping people from going to their ready room, sitting in the chair, and bringing up the DOff screen.
I did this all the time on Tribble during testing. It just felt right to manage my crew while actually onboard my ship, sitting in my ready room. Made them seem more like people under my command rather than weird auto-reviving zombies :p

Just occured to me - what kind of bonus did you have in mind Nagus? Slightly increased chance of success or crit. success? Slightly increased rewards? I agree it can't be anything too amazing so it doesn't appear to force anyone to go there.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-04-2011, 08:19 PM
I love this idea. Anything to give us a reason to go into our ship interior. However, I would like them to fix that long lasting bridge officer clone bug before they implement interior functionality.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
We all know ship interiors lack a real meaning in the game aside from RP, so what would you think of having a smallish bonus for starting Doff missions either on the bridge or in your ship's ready room? This wouldnt be a requirement, and those who didnt wouldnt have any sort of penalty, but it would give a slight reason to go there. Thoughts?
What would be cool is if you could summon the doff to your office before sending them off to their doom. (it would always be the same code, just with the appropriate doff face on the doff that shows up. Er and other physical differences of course.

<door chirps / whistles>

Doff enters, comes to attention.

reports

goes at ease

your character reads off the doff assignment

The type of complexity of your interaction could grant a bonus of some type or impart a weakness, depending on how you gave the doff a pep talk.

You could even make this a mini game. like the anomaly thing that had a chance
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-04-2011, 08:37 PM
I think it would be cool for shipboard assignments to only be available from the various sections of our ship interiors.
  • Engineering Assignments only available in the Engineering Lab or Engineering proper.
  • Science Assignments only available in the Science Lab.
  • Medical Assignments only available in Sickbay.
  • Development Assignments from the bridge & Ready Room.
And so forth.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Awful idea, having to go into the ship in every zone I'm taking a mission in would be horrible. I'm all for having something to do in ship interiors, but not this. I look thru the lists as the ship is going from place to place as I check them for missions, so having to stop, zone, do the assigning, zone back and then move is a needless complication.