Lt. Commander
# 11
12-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
Awful idea, having to go into the ship in every zone I'm taking a mission in would be horrible. I'm all for having something to do in ship interiors, but not this. I look thru the lists as the ship is going from place to place as I check them for missions, so having to stop, zone, do the assigning, zone backand then move is a needless complication.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
We all know ship interiors lack a real meaning in the game aside from RP, so what would you think of having a smallish bonus for starting Doff missions either on the bridge or in your ship's ready room? This wouldnt be a requirement, and those who didnt wouldnt have any sort of penalty, but it would give a slight reason to go there. Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Well sometimes the lack of a bonus is easily seen as a penalty.

Personally I'd rather see my character pull out and work with a PADD if I have the doff panel open, with of course, an option to disable that. That would be more immersive to me, seeing as we are never actually going to interact with the DOFFs as we might expect to were we actually on our ships.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
I think it would be cool for shipboard assignments to only be available from the various sections of our ship interiors.
  • Engineering Assignments only available in the Engineering Lab or Engineering proper.
  • Science Assignments only available in the Science Lab.
  • Medical Assignments only available in Sickbay.
  • Development Assignments from the bridge & Ready Room.
And so forth.
I love running around my ship for no other reason than the slim chance of a good doff assignment when I get there...

:p

(I'm much rather see my Department Heads in their Sections. A captain doesn't necessarily need to micromanage every section--that's why he/she has section heads).
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Yep, like you said that would be a penalty. I love the Doff system, but that idea is sooo far from workable. I can't imagine anyone doing it but the OP, and then even he would stop after having to do multiple zoning to do a few clicks for one or two assignments. Go ahead and test it yourselves, pretend there is a bonus, and every time you want to assign or read the report as a mission finishes, do the zoning and see how annoying that would be.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
Well sometimes the lack of a bonus is easily seen as a penalty.
By that kind of twisted logic, that would mean that we get a "penalty" for playing the game all times except when there is a Q bonus event going on. Of course, that is nonsense. You simply get a bonus when playing during that specific time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
Yep, like you said that would be a penalty.
You can say whatever you want, but it is still false
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Sounds good to me Nagus. On a somewhat related note, are we going to be seeing our Doffs on the bridge at some point?

It would be cool if we could add the observatory lounge as a sort of conference room. You would go in and all your department heads would be seated around the table. You would take your seat at the head of the table and start reviewing the Doff assignments. It would be kind of like a senior staff meeting where the department heads make suggestions on which crew to assign.

This would of course be optional, and would not require going to the staff meeting to make Doff assignments.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySabre View Post
Sounds good to me Nagus. On a somewhat related note, are we going to be seeing our Doffs on the bridge at some point?
I think that would technically make them Boffs(bridge officers) =P
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I think that would technically make them Boffs(bridge officers) =P
Hehe. I guess so. The reason I ask is because I thought the current issue with duplicate Boffs was somehow related to the Doff system? Don't know for sure but thought I'd read that somewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-04-2011, 11:11 PM
Sounds cool to me.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-05-2011, 12:44 AM
I was irritated when the Ready Room console for accessing Mission Replay was removed recently. The value of interiors dropped immediately. I still want that console restored in some way.

And would enjoy this additional option to access the Doff UI though out my starship interior. Great idea!