Lt. Commander
# 1 Season 5 Dev Diary #1
11-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Stephen recaps all of the updates coming to Holodeck, and announces a name for Season 5 in the first installment of the Season 5 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the Article
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-28-2011, 04:51 PM
So not going with S4.1, eh? Right to S5? Okaaay....

It's interesting to "hear" the PR-spin on the "Tribble F2P Build".

A Call to Arms? Really? That's what you're going with?

Meh... I'm whelmed.

Edit: Oh, and First!
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-28-2011, 04:51 PM
I never thought I'd see the day where you'd actually roll up the F2P changes and actually call it Season 5.

I suppose next you'll tell us there were two major Seasons released in 2011. Sir, I think we've encountered a "reality distortion field".

I get taking credit for your work but come on.

Meanwhile, nothing on that conversion...and no post-conversion previews...we haven't forgotten...
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-28-2011, 04:56 PM
And thus our existing concerns are???????

I am sorry, but there are many concerns we have that remain ignored some movement has been made on some issues, however. I think there does need to be some dev-player discussion about what you guys can live with and what we will continue paying for.

You know a resolution is successful when both parties are not the happiest with the solution but can live with it.

I still don't think this build is ready given the concerns the playerbas has:
  • Dilithium tax and loss on conversion
  • Additional currencies replacing older ones
  • Exploration is in a shambles and now useless to do more than three missions in, not to mention aid missions.
  • What happened to DSEs? Are they getting a facelift?
  • Illogical placement of the FEs in the interwoven story.
  • Finalizing the mission veteran rewards
  • The utter wreck that the meager crafting system is now in.
  • Still the lack of anything additional to do on the Klingon side.
  • The additional burden of carrying the new currencies in our inventories.
  • The removal of ship interior functionality (at least half of it...yes we can say that).

Those are just off the top of my head. What are the "plans" for these?
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Battlestar Galactica ended after 4 great seasons, Lost after 6. Should i be worried?

While i can't wait for everything to go live and i appreciate everything you've all done, i'm a little at the sudden and early jump to Season 5. 4.1 indeed makes more sense, or at least call it maybe what it is, a mid-season break and 4.5
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-28-2011, 04:58 PM
Faster Leveling The leveling curve has been adjusted through the game, particularly at the earlier levels.

Ummmm, are you f**king kidding me? This game is already easy enough to level up in! Why make it easier? You should make it a little more challenging at least AND be adding content, featured episodes, more missions..... Seriously you guys. It's as if you all are enjoying this content drought. Sure the defera Borg mission might be fun for some, but come on!
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-28-2011, 04:59 PM
Tighter Klingon Storyline The Klingon game play was tightened up to play starting at level 21, so that the whole experience for Klingon play is improved.

That is so awsome I am going to make this my sig from now all.
My goodness has it improved the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-28-2011, 04:59 PM
That is Season 5?
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Funny - no mention that the MAJORITY of this was supposed to be released DURING (IE as a part of)Season 4. I also love how the Federation Star Fleet Academy zone is somehow a 'new' map of Season 5 even though it was released during the first few days of Season 4.

Go go Cryptic spin machine. (Marcom did a masterful write up fior Mr. Stephen D'Angelo.)
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-28-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm a bit confused about the faster leveling as well. I thought it was faster only because it was to allow testing on Tribble. Keeping it at that pace is a bit too fast. I thought the idea was to 'slow the game down'. I made VA before even finishing the Romulan story arc.