Lt. Commander
# 41
12-09-2011, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasteroz View Post
people just need to have manners and be polite.
This is the internet. Manners and politeness do not exist here.
Lt. Commander
# 42
12-10-2011, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
Good for BOffs, good for leveling alts, or just sell for ECs.
hmm I always need more ec. And "everything" sells for ec. hmmmmmm. also boffs should already have all purp gear xD. Im often surprised at the number of people who havent done the oldschool stf's to get all purples on everything.
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-10-2011, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduckie
also boffs should already have all purp gear xD. Im often surprised at the number of people who havent done the oldschool stf's to get all purples on everything.
maybe some people didnt like the way the "old school" STF's woirked out? I got all my stuff by flyuing space STF's only.
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-28-2011, 12:02 AM
I choose greed always first, but once I see pugs always choosing need, I will always choose need thereafter.
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-28-2011, 12:30 AM
I think this should be a binary choice; you either want it or you don't, the need vs greed vs pass just causes grief... because you get some muppet who just always chooses need on everything in a PUG; my last STF was exactly like this, a player in a fully spec'd ship just doing NEED on a whole bunch of average gear, they were just farming.

Want
or
Don't want

if nobody wants it random distribution, or frankly the item gets dropped, if everyone wants it randomn distribution.

If your not in a PUG, then it can always be sorted out later in anycase.
Lt. Commander
# 46
12-28-2011, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Omega View Post
I choose greed always first, but once I see pugs always choosing need, I will always choose need thereafter.
Yeap ... This.

Refuse to let them walk off with all the prize without a challenge and a roll of the dice first.
Lt. Commander
I would suggest making NEED double your roll. That way anyone selecting GREED has their chance cut in half against the NEED. Example: Player A chooses NEED and the roll is 25, Player B chooses GREED and the roll is 40. The NEED roll is doubled and still beats GREED with an effective 50. However, that won't always happen so nobody can just spam NEED and take everything.
You'll never get rid of the farmers who need on everything so it seems best to make sure everyone has a fighting chance. If you are in a group and someone really, really needs an item, it's probably bind on equip so it can be given to that person.

As for chips and bind on pickup loot, everyone either needs or doesn't need them. There doesn't have to be a greed option.

FYI: Bind on pickup has to be the dumbest idea ever implemented in any game.
Lt. Commander
# 48
12-28-2011, 10:23 AM
In a PUG group always choose NEED. To not do so is to hate loot and concede it to others without a contest.

Sad, but reality of my experience in PUG groups. Better to have everyone roll NEED fairly than to watch one person take everything on the backs of everyone else.